Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

My two cents worth

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
og
Frequent Contributor
Welcome to the "HateGauteng & Blik" show... Guys don't hijack this thread - go and start you own one.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Apologies, got carried away.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
youngster, you pull that gibberish out of hte oxford concise dictionary of cliches? The whole premise of buying and selling stock is that you see things the market doesn't. Its called appetite to risk, and my appetite for risk on MTX is higher than the market's. My thread was intended to identify the risk
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
hahaha, MTX is one of my favourites i have a small open position now, if i remember correctly there loan was taken out with standard bank in $, due to rand strengthening >20% will be interesting to see the effects this will have on the results?
0 Kudos
cope
Frequent Contributor
skaaptjop: you said copper is around 3900 but on http://www.lme.co.uk/copper_graphs.asp i see it is around 5100. do i miss something. where do you look at your daily prices for copper.
0 Kudos
og
Frequent Contributor
No, he said that MTX's cash costs were $3,900 - not sales price
0 Kudos
Not applicable
cash costs are $3900 and 50% of production is hedged at $3900. It is hard to see if this is all production, or just production on the new rushdi II, their crown jewel. There projections are that this new mine will give a 300% increase in production, which will more than offset the loss of hte gold revenue after the sale. Also note, that hte cash costs include finance charges, and that these should come down after the sale, by around $300 per ton, by my desktop calculation
0 Kudos