Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

My two cents worth

Not applicable
So MTX has dumped their gold exposure, that was contributing about 21% to EBITDA. This basically makes them a pure copper player with a bit of flourospar and cobalt. Cash costs for copper are around $3900 of which debt financing makes up about 1/3rd. So the sale should reduce that cost by about 30%. Now they have hedged 70% of all production until June09 at $7,900 - they are going to be posting some great!!! results. BUT, they have hedged 50% of their production at $3900 until 2012. So, to make up the 21% EBITDA lost to gold, MTX is going to have to probably double their copper production, and copper is going to have to trade at around $5000, IMO - with no further suprises from them. Anyone think they can do it? (Personally, I think they can)
0 Kudos
27 REPLIES 27
Blik
Super Contributor
I blerrie hope so
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
I love how people think they see something that the whole market doesnt... "market is never wrong..opinions are!' - jesse livermore
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Why will never be known but the charts don't lie. Target 250 for the double top formation
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I think Mr Market can be wrong - it was probably wrong when MTX was touching 3000, but be that as it may, Mr Market is what it is. Wrong or right. It's when you get in and when you get out that matters.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Just remember it took a million years for the hand axe to become an axe...it took 15 years for a jug kettle to become cordless. Humans are much worse at spotting the obivious than we give ourselves credit for..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Hi Blik. Still interested in GIS??
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Yes Sir - you involved in GIS?
0 Kudos
annie3
Frequent Contributor
i blerrie hope so as well.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Yep, largely involved at the strategic level though . . . not day to day techie stuff.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
HateGauteng - yes me too - have lost out a bit on the technical side and have moved into management I guess. But our company is still small and we get involved in all sorts of GIS work in SADC.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Are you with GTI?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
No - small company based in Grahamstown - GTI much larger - I know some people at GTI. Helped me with my Masters.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Are you guys looking for more GIS people?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Always on the hunt for good people...although extremely hard to tempt GIS people to Grahamstown.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I just wanna leave Gauteng. Let me know how to contact you.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Thanks. I've checked out you guys website. Is it just the two of you?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Nope - a couple more of us - structure is a bit complicated. Better to explain over mail. Send questions.
0 Kudos