Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

My winter watchlist.

barry_1
Super Contributor
I shall comment individually on them from time to time.As i sold my RBW to buy plats my position is now that i hold NONE of the following in which i've done initial research and intend buying at least THREE of the following to relpace my present crop that i'll sell after the LDT dates.....My winter list is FOS,ILV,PPC,RBW,TKG.I'l be purchasing from Feb to APR.
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
Brazen
Super Contributor
Thanks barry. I'm also watching TKG. My mom never sold her ARLs - when she buys something she keeps it for 5 years minimum! A good philosopy when I look at her portfolio.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
TKG can be bought now already...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hi there Barry, I think you may have a winner in your stable come Durban July time.I an very interested in PPC.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Morning,Yes still very good stratergy.Thats how i made my money before the internet came along!For my Perm shares received NED @ R6.per share and Amplats shares @ R9 per share around around 1989 to 1992
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks i'll take note of that.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Hi Barry, bought SOV end Sep and added begining Dec. Also good div play but no installments. Why do you prefer RBW or ARL to SOV?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes i've noted in the past that that it usually falls after the INTERIM which is usually a measly payout,however as last year was poor with the imports at a loss having now worked out it might become too expensive to buy after the interim and better to jump in earlier.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
yep. I didn't like the fact that TKG didn't seem to be breaking the most recent high while most of the index was rallying, but a close above 15050 puts it back on the buy side
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi,I don't prefer RBW to ARL,its just part of my game plan to sell each ex-LDT as when the one pays an interim the other pays a final on exactly the same day!Now we all know that the FINAL payout is usually two thirds of the dividend payed in the INTERIM.The capital gain to the FINAL is usually greater than to the INTERIM so one scores a double whammy!I've held SOV in the past and been dissapionted with the results,to say the least their payments in the past anyway have been erratic.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Thanks for reply. Sitting on nice gain with SOV and last management reports seems better than in the past. Will hold till next report and see; might join you with ARL/RBW play. Held ARL before for good gains. First want to make 100% plus with my IPSA.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
anybody buy telkom?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
No C. In fact my cupboard is virtually bare. I'm now down to a SSF on GFI after I sold APN on Friday. Looking around but nothing's overwhelmingly appealing. Kinda like Sea Point when you take a night off. What you in?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
What price did you get in at .
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
What was your trigger on sasol?
0 Kudos
Benjamin_Frankl
Occasional Contributor
Hi Barry, Thanks for your watch list - Please add TAST HOLDING (TAS) to your watch list - you will be sure to profit as this one is on an upward move!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks.I'm out of investing capital at the moment,but will put it on our small cap list .i'm sure Naomi willbe interested as i see it did very well today.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
im adding JSE to the list.I hold none of this list at this time,but will start buying as i sell my present holdings after the LDT dates.The reason i give this list and my trading methods is mainly to help newbies see there is a safer way to trade than derivitives,although i,m not shooting them down as i use them all the time.
0 Kudos