Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

NASPERS - phuthumanathi shares

kicc
Frequent Contributor
NAspers released stellar results yesterday. i own the Phuthumanathi shares which has a stake in pay tv business - any views on what effect the results will have on the BEE shares and what the dividend will be?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Som2
Contributor
I also own the phuthuma nathi share. I think the price move is caused by supply and demand, and not the market dynamics. I doubt that it correlates with the Nasper share price and results. IMO
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
Phuthuma Nathi shares are less likely to follow Naspers movement. Remember the undelying asset on Phuthuma Nathi is not Naspers but Multichoice which is not listed. Naspers owns Multichoice and not the other way round
0 Kudos
AST
Occasional Contributor
My take is Naspers Pay TV , Multichoice is the most profitable part of the operations. So as good as the numbers are, its also expected for a good few years. Phutuma Nathi still hugely discounted. Hope BEE investors pick up on this in years to come, otherwise it will always be discounted.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I made a comment on the value of these shares some time ago. I have a personal issue with this scheme. You are trading in an over-the-counter stock, whose supply and demand is set by other private investors. The value of your company is determined by what Koos Bekker et al decide it is. I think you have very little rights as a share holder, and multichoice's numbers are rolled up into a bigger organization. All in all, no institutional demand, limited rules pertaining to the accounting practises of the company and an inexperienced pool of investors makes this stock pointless, IMO. You can get excited about the div's sure, but I doubt you will ever see any capital growth. That is just my personal opinion, of course.
0 Kudos