Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

NEW to the investment game

MUSS
Not applicable
Hi there guys, I recently joined SGB and im proud of it, guys if you can assist me in farmiliarising myself with the site and giving me further hints;-) that would be much appreciated. MUSS
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
hint no. 1: don't get caught in the clutter of "noise" on this forum; hint no. 2: start reading the hint docs under "help" (above); hint no. 3: do not ask a question on anyrhing that is explained under "help" (refer pt. 2); hint no. 4: when posting on a specific share, do not post under "General". hint no. 5: decide if you want to be a trader or investor - it makes a huge difference to realise that most of the participants here are traders - guys who are trying to gamble their way to wealth. and so on...
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
Attend the introduction to investing course before committing funds. Learn as much as you can. I've been here since 2006 and still take time out to learn. Dont listen to the opinions of others on the forum. Make your own decisions. Most people post or ask questions to back or seek support for their decisions. Go to justonelap.co.za there is a wealth of information waiting for you there.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Not to listen to opinion of others means you are deaf to the world.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Having an enquiring mind helps,don't accept everything at face value and yes listen to opinion of others, only then can you make an informed decision. Learn as much as you can before commiting a penny and you have to accept the fact that to be successful you have to taste failure. Investing or trading is not a get rich "quickly" scheme, as I've stated before an empty bucket does get filled under a dripping trap. Finally refrain from asking Grade 1 questions because you are bound to have a load of grade 1 answers.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Also do not accept any opinion on AGL.
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
In the context of making decisions, make your own. I meant dont use other peoples opinions to make decisions. I too listen to these but certainly dont follow. How many conflicting opinons are there on the forum on gold shares? Hell, what would it look like if we had based our decisions on Roffey's opinions on Gold shares? All i'm saying is form your own using the information out there and make a decision that you are comfortable with.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
DO NOT JOIN THE "WHY BRIGADE" PLEASE. They are the most annoying bunch of nunus
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
You guys are all missing this guys question. He wants a share tip. Here is mine. Buy Ellies and leave it for exactly a year starting today. Sell if it drops by more than 15%. omo
0 Kudos