Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

NHM

JS2
Occasional Contributor
Feel like begging, stealing and borrowing to go long on NHM SSf's with everything possible. Donations also needed. Transfer your cash to account no seq.... or please advise!!!
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Nello
Occasional Contributor
Absolutely NOT... I mean this is a mine 22 months away from a "closed for business" sign. Its PE ratio is about the same as ASA. Are you saying that the bank that just signed a deal with PSL is on the same level as a mine nearing extinction? Go long on ASA, this sub prime business will blow over soon and the institutions that conveniently have direct access to your bank accounts will continue to make $$$.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Personally I think NHM is doing better on the back of the exceptional Platinum Price. If that waivers or drops below 1300 NHM in my opinion will trade in it's band below 5000 and may even drop further. On the other hand there may be news on Sens soon hence the share price movement. I have noticed that NHM moves upwards about a week before a Sens Announcement. The Sens Announcement in question may be about the Booysendal Deal, but I think that news has been taken into consideration already. NHM is why my Share Account is minus R20K as I went long about a day or so before the Sub Prime Saga in July and subsequently felt I should hold out in that position, because of all the hype around Booysendal, only to see the share sink further and further South. NHM trades too wildly for SSF in my opinion and NO short positions are allowed any more. You would have to be very sharp trading NHM and make sure you don't go on holiday like I did for 2 weeks without closing out that position. If you do trade NHM then make your 3 to 5% and get out. Watch and observe which way it goes, especially in the morning where the Bears usually sit waiting for weak holders and picture whether you would like to be in that position if the whole Stock Market turns South like it did in July and August. I may be wrong, but I have the hole in the pocket to prove it. Just be Cautious.
0 Kudos
JS2
Occasional Contributor
This is not a 22 months thingy. Sell ASA now - you can buy back more once the financials start to recover. This is a massive capital gain within 30 days. Check the charts. OBV +, Stoch +, RSI looking good, 4 and 18 day MA cross, close to 200 and 55 day MA. Selling target R59.30 withing 2 weeks. Please tranfer your money to my account now. The account no is seq 28...!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ok. 6000 in 2 weeks. I could make my R20K back then. :) Why am I not convinced? Just for good measure I will add some alerts to this share and watch it as in this exciting world who knows. Last time I thought NHM would go up it went down, so perhaps reverse thinking is needed in this instrument. :P Cheers.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Rather put your money on MLA 478% return in 5 years.OMO
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Agreed MLA has also excellent dividend payout.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
OK, since your rearview mirror seems to be working what u seeing out of the front window? Just a little foggy dont u think......
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
No fog on MLA steel still in high demand, china to cut rebates on chinese steel export meaning less export from china and more demand from companies like mittal, mittal now part of arcelor mittal, mittal to invest $ 20 Billion in India on new steel plants i think that paints a pretty picture and steel prices are on the increase.I see lots of sunshine. omo
0 Kudos