Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Naspers NPN

Not applicable
So where are they going? Apparently 230 is technical level but it can still go on and on
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
Mr_S
Super Contributor
lol it seems everyone is just sitting back and enjoying the ride, this is the first discussion abt this since it shot up. I would love to know why the price has risen so much tho
0 Kudos
Not applicable
anyone thinking of shorting, surely has to pullback?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It is SAKE 24's share of the week (see article in sundays Rapport)
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Fierce independence. Who owns sake24?
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
am_1
Frequent Contributor
Their monopoly on pay TV can't last forever and their internet involvement in SA is limited. Print media is slowing down but guess there will always be a market for "Son". They've burnt some serious money on some bad investments and yet...
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Wait for a reversal day and short the #$£! out of it - a reversal day will give you a clear stop loss target as well. Overbought on both daily and weekly......will come crashing down like a drunk on a bar floor.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
im very confused. Over the past few days, there have been trades for millions of bucks going through. The share is overbought yes and its expected that it should come down big time, why are they buying so many then? surely they will make huge losses once the share drops?
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
I have quite alot in my long term portfolio. Naspers have positioned themselves nicley in Emerging markets. Major overseas holding is Tencent in China of which they own 36% , Tencent is the largest internet socail networking site in China , with over 250 million users. Tencent competes in the same space as google and facebook They also have interests in India , Brazil , Russia and Estern Europe with regards to their ineternet business and are looking for more aquisitions in Emerging markets. They also pay nice dividends
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and according to citigroup, naspers is worth around 46% less than the sum of all its holdings
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
It's the most traded share on the JSE today.First time I've seen it at the top.I'm going short.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ummm, isn't that some kind of a pre-cursor??
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
Ummm,only one way to find out.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I wouldn;t bet on their monopoly not lasting a looong time .. very very hard to compete in a new market .. look at cellc an virgin .. both gone nowhere slowly ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well only if it drops before they sell ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
nope, there are a couple of ways to find out - i know which one i am chosing
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Is there any sore of resistance levels here for naspers since its never traded at these prices before?What signs should you look for before the pullback comes?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Two basic strategies that I know of in this circumstance. A momentum trader would get in right now and ride the wave. A swing trader would wait for a pullback to the moving average. i don't know of any systems that would advocate shorting a trending stock. If you do want to short it, then look out for a kangaroo tail, if it develops. They are pretty rare though.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
npn had a negative day yesterday on massive volume after going up between 15-20% straight. does any1 think the pullback is finally coming?
0 Kudos