Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Nationalisation - Growing ideology within ANC and alliance!

DEP
Super Contributor
Nationalisation - Growing ideology within ANC and alliance! Malema is not the only problem! We are dealing with a growing ideology (nationalisation of farms, mines etc) within the ANC and Alliance. Malema is just a "front" for what the ANC and Alliance is trying to achieve. This is "no good news for SA or Africa". Hm, can you see where we heading?
0 Kudos
81 REPLIES 81
Not applicable
Errr,. down the drain?,. and what else is new? ,.. your point being!?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
I stated on this forum a while back that Malema is a front for the ANC's true agenda. He is only the puppet and the ANC is using him to condition the public and also to be able to gauge public feeling regarding their unspoken plans. Remember when the ANC comes from; communists with collective farms and all nationalised assests. I see the counter is to use the media to let them know we see their plans and do not accept it. Also will help to kill a few of the right ones.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A whole 8min for a reply there folks,.. Either,. the markets are rackingly slow paced today,. or,. DEP really feels strongly about this,. "nothing to discuss, not going anywhere" issue,.. Maybe a bit of both what,. but whatever the case may be,.. When the fat lady starts singing,.. Time to call it a day,... Unless of course you have Chuck Norris's private number,.. lol
0 Kudos
Not applicable
An article on Moneyweb (I think) recently made a pretty good point regarding how exactly they will raise the funds for mine nationalization (since they will then subsequently have to pump capital into the projects) and the only logical source (since investors will run for the hills) will be pension funds. So it is a lose, lose policy - with the only benefactors being fat cats, and mine labourers (of which a large contingent aren't even South African). So I would be interested to see how that one gets pushed past Cosatu and the SACP
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
I feel strongly about it. POINT: the market hasn't fact this in at all.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
I feel strongly about it. POINT: the market hasn't factored this in at all.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Dudes when the ANC stood by while Zim stole farms, they declared their hand.. Africa for african fat cats at any expense... If you want to know how to export cash I will teach you for a fee.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
DEP .. an what is the basis for this theory ??
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Hmmm, Lets get real! Too many factors to mention here!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well roundly denied by senior ANC politicians including statements such as "over my dead body" .. no discussion happening outside of malema and his cohorts .. and understanding the freedom charter and how it ties is with mining/financial/etc. charters .. I seriously don't see how you make that conclusion ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
DEP,.. I think the point i am trying to make is that making a point is near on pointless in cases like this,.. If you feel strongly about something, act upon it,.. Commentary is either pre or post 'actions',.. Commentary is based on or around 'actions',.. Think of sports commentary etc,.. located around,?? Actions of players,. yes,.. You are commenting on actions in the greater SA storyline as you have observed them,.. Why not act rather on your observations rather,. If you have observed accurately,.. Act upon your observations,.. Obviously rationality applies here,.. but yes,.. Act first and then comment later!?,.. you may find your commentary will have swung 180degrees by then,.. Observation is admittedly a critical phase in the operation yes,.. But you know,. your commentary is so similar to the whole SBK 'Easy Jack Trader' software suite commentary of late,.. If you think its carp,.. Don't vote for it with your hard earned moola,. It is after all yours and you are after all a discretionary spender,.. Looks like some physical exercise is in order,..
0 Kudos
Edge
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
make your move Edge,.. NEWSFLASH - U2's leading guitar guy seen hitching north through Gaborone, old vier kleur waving outback,..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
I have acted accordingly, I putting my money where my mouth is, indeed! Have taken some steps in that direction and more to follow.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
I supported the ANC and Mandela government 100% in the '90's and early 2000's, however, we are dealing will a completely different Government and ideology today. However, Nationalisation will not happen over night...
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Simon, you take things at face value... Clue: "Dig deeper and you will find".
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
DEP, you have achieved your objective, I think. You have made us aware of this potential event and even if dixie and Simon do not see this potential threat, you have made them aware of it. And they have already acted on it by taking note and commenting on the matter. This is what I meant by not keeping quiet.
0 Kudos