Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Nearly 300 point gap on the DOW..

Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
any target to close the short? only went in with one contract cfd
0 Kudos
Not applicable
1700 is a nice round number...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I am out got out at 17250...its my new thing..making sure I don't try screw the last cent on a trade.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes u have finally taken my advice....dont be a d i c k for a tick
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ye i was nicely in profit, waited just a bit more to see, before I know it, im as much in the negative as I was in the positive and have to take the loss. really got alot to learn on trading indexs with cfds. More vids please chartist
0 Kudos
Not applicable
go long on a retracement now?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nova, Id like to say I think your posts are always interesting and very accurate. Ur pretty clued up. Cheers.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Allow me to rephrase my original post...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
So me thinks we are gonna tank with the gap close...and then...we rally like bat out of hell as the shorts scranble...With the fed rate cut looming the second opption is not out of the question.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
lol lol lol ... this market never ceases to amaze. I don't hold overnight on the ALSI but like i said, i'm long BIL as we were diving into the close, nice profit in the morning? I know you hold positions overnight, so pls tell me you are still long! Can the DOW close up 10%...?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
WOW ! that was amazing !!.. Hey Wena , im long on BIL also , will be smiling with you in the morning
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
10%, yes truely amazing... lol.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
where do you think we will open tomorrow % wise??
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
i cannot say, i dont like to estimate, but i think it will be a good day. our market looked quite good until US started dropping in early trade, i think we will recover that and maybe go higher.. lets see... i could be wrong...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I sold my longs before the drop..then went short from 17750 to 17250 then I went long into the close..I have 6 contracts long. openning price 17350
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
We have not seen a capitulation low as yet.Last night 200 points down was just a blip. DOWN it will go again.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
This was just a simple short cover rally with the vix that high and the reverse head and shoulders as a driver... it was bound to happen.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
As a total guess I recon 19375 is going to be the open price.
0 Kudos