Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Need to compare share performances eg agl and bil?

Not applicable
for many years i have successfully used a system of comparing share prices using graphs. I could decide to compare agl and bil and i start by filling in the end of day prices and write down o%. The next day i calculate the percentage increase of both and my graph labels agl and bil with the percentage increase of both. I go on each day and have graphs of percentage increase on same set of axes so i can see which is going up fastest. Have made a lot using this method, but it can make one overconfident. You can email me for shareware program using this method on [email protected]
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Not applicable
For a quick comparison, you can go to a site like http://www.sharenet.co.za/charts/ (or Fin24 as well, I think?) Then click on =% and add all the shares you wanna compare...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks for info. have been to site but do not have java to view. Does it draw graphs of shres on same axis using percentage increase?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes - a line for each share on the same axis (%)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks for info. Perhaps i will download java
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Have downloaded java. Site is good but i can't get it to draw more than one share at a time on the sames axes
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
how can i draw agl and bil at same time on a set of axes?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
opan an agl chart then in the bottom left corner of the chart you'll see AGL in a baox .. add bil into the box to the right and clieck the button ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Watch yr mail, I'll send a screenshot
0 Kudos
Not applicable
When i clicked agl went off and bil came on. How do i get them both on at the same time as i can using my program i wrote?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
put bil in the box next to the agl box, so that you have both codes .. and click the icon to the right of the right box ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ok that is pretty good. Am i correct in saying one can only compare 2 graphs at a time (my shareware program compares up to 4). Must say things are better having recently downloaded java so can view graphs
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
What will actually be much more useful is a simple relative graph...the shareprice of X divided by the shareprice of Y. This will clearly indicate the extent of underperformance/outperformance over time and turning points which would be very useful for trading purposes if a ma is applied. This is the one serious deficiency in OST's graphs - otherwise very usable.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
there is relative strength on the charts ..
0 Kudos