Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Neglected?

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Took a heap of these in the recent dip. A medium sized company yet nobody seems to pay any attention to this stock.?.
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
kwagga
Super Contributor
Maybe because they share the limelight with companies like Remgro, Bidvest and Barloworld in the industrial sector. Just a thought. Was thinking about Bidvest the other day. I have a water dispenser outside my office - Bidvest supplies the water and the plastic cups. In our toilets, Bidvest supplies the sanitizing foam, toilet paper and air freshener. It's a boring as hell company, but definately something Buffet would invest in (at the right price).
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Bidvest is constrained by the scale of her market. She is growing too big for this country. Her overseas ventures... time will tell. EQS is trading at less than 1 year's cash creation, is essentially an industrial bank and should be valued on her "price to book." Instead, it seems the market has taken a faulty and (or) ultra conservative approach and is treating EQS as if she were an industrial with low ROA. The lack of liquidity doesn't help either.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
They seem to have quite a bit of debt on their books. You mentioned an Industrial bank. Has it got anything to do with this ?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Yes. A lot of this debt is to finance fleets (+_R9 billion worth) that she leases out to clients: mining and construction equipment for her contracts as well as straight supply agreements. Forklifts and commercial fleets of passenger and other light vehicles. Operates this model in SA, Greater Africa, UK and Ireland.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Thumbs up for bringing this company to my attention. If it drops down to the R630 level, I'll be a buyer of this. I specifically like the major shareholders of this company. Neglect is a fair description of the shareprice.
0 Kudos
kokkie
Contributor
Why would Coronation, Old Mutual and Investec all decreased their holdings during December ? Just wondering.
0 Kudos
kokkie
Contributor
Also noted that directors of a sub. offloaded R22m worth since November.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Investec in fact increased during December.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
My mistake, they did in fact dispose of a small amount of shares
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Barnes has been selling - always has. Other directors have been net buyers. As for the funds - I don't see much happening. Anyway - who knows? (frankly - who cares?) - last year they were all shifting funds into SASOL and ANGLO. I bought MTA in bucket loads at R4.5 from "the funds"
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Speaking of neglected - is it time to buy "bucket loads" of GIJ at these discounted prices?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Maybe. I don't like or trust the directors. So I will give this a miss.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Gij is a bodyshop. They really have very little to offer with their current business model.
0 Kudos
Airborn
Contributor
Definitely Neglegted!! 1. Inet Consensus forecast remains BUY for past 18months, consensus forecast earnings and dividends best in class! 2. Share Price crashed with Marikana minining strikes and the fall in comodities: ...Eqstra's contract mining operation went through the crisis without a singel strike or any loss in production.(refer Investor Presentation) ... two major opencast contracts were renewed with BHB, increases in demand on other contracts and they have a very nice diversified portfolio of comodities (refer Investor Presentation) 3. They are a quasi B2B bank with contracts annuity income with heaps of value adds tha a typical bank does not have hence should trade at higher than price to book? 4. Debt not an issue as long as they maintain their S&P credit rating and there is little chance of them loosing this as they are well clear of all covenants?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
A fixed stop loss on this share would kill you, and some speculators knows this. This share is being played BIG time today.
0 Kudos