Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Neotel

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
who's using neotel .. how's the service etc ??
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
am_1
Frequent Contributor
Have just subscribed and the service was up and running within two days - handset personally delivered to my door (CT). Tenant using it, no complaints and pretty cost efficient if you need a roving service between properties.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I know 2 ppl who have got it for about 4 months, neotel still hasnt debited their account for the subscription and call charges. I think its the right network for me, lol.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
They never call you back and their signal always cuts off more often than not........ i returned it for a refund..
0 Kudos
Hedgehog
Frequent Contributor
Yep - I asked them to come and pick up their equipment and cancel my contract and returned tail between legs to Hellcom
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an for data .. not interested in their voice offering ..
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
well the only good thing that came out of this since they dont call their customers back is that they never came to collect thier stupid DEVICE..Thank you I keep it then..its worth like R2500
0 Kudos
Not applicable
How about VOX? Same kinda thing?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon go to http://mybroadband.co.za/news/Broadband/8965.html comparing the different broadband services offered in SA by all the Service Providers. There are also a lot of views posted from people.
0 Kudos
S2000
Contributor
I was about to try them out for data connection, but checked them out on www.hellopeter.co.za and did a swift turn around. Based on those complaints would not touch them with a really really large pole.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
My Neo data only set up is fine. Got it quick, worked at once, and was slowish for a few days till it figured out my and its tower's traffic balance. No hassles at all in the three months I have had it. Seems a bit slower to Standard OST than my adsl was (but seems on par to most othe sites), but adsl was horrendous when it fell over, having to beg telkom reps to come and faultfind etc.
0 Kudos
cliveo
New Contributor
I have not used Neotel, but 1 meg ADSL, 64 bit Win7, 64 bit Explorer is doing just fine. Loads OST in 1 - 2 seconds. Cannot ask for much more.
0 Kudos