Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

New Charting?

Not applicable
First of all seasons greetings to all :). I have been away for a while. Second, I remember a while ago that simon mentioned new charting would be introduced by december. I am just wondering if this is still happening just a little later? Thanks everyone.
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
geeza77
Occasional Contributor
Also heard about this back in October/ September when attending seminars. When i asked on the forum as you are now, all I got was a blunt reply from simon saying that they arnt bringing out any new charting program! Try IG markets there charting software is fantastic.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
that's not what I said ..
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
what did you say?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no idea .. But I certainly did not say that OST wasn't going to do charts ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
late December...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
...back in '63.What a very special time for me. What a feeling, what a night.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So an improvement on SB charting isnt on the cards at all?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ok still confused?!?!? haha. Happening or not happening?
0 Kudos
Krypt0n1te
Occasional Contributor
Yes, I must agree. If I look at all the hard work that went into this site, the charting is absolutely lacking by light years!! I mean.... and I quote.... "Please note that the chart application was upgraded on 27/08/2007. If you are having trouble loading the chart you may need to upgrade to Java version 6 by clicking here (Java version 6 only supports Windows Vista, XP, 2000, and 2003 Server). For older versions of Windows (ME, 98 , 95) click here for a Java 5 version of the chart." Are you kidding me?????????? Windows 95??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
bwabwahahahahaha ..
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
remeber: this was a '2007 post the '95 edition was still in use.
0 Kudos
Krypt0n1te
Occasional Contributor
@ Chattychat. Exactly my point! It's 3.5 years down the line and nothing has been done to the charting since. I know for a fact that there is clients leaving SBK for IGMarkets due to cfd pricing and especially the charting software. Now don't get me wron
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
The only reason why I am looking at IG Markets now is because of the charting they offer is far more superior.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
what of the price shading somebody mentioned on this forum the other day ??
0 Kudos
Krypt0n1te
Occasional Contributor
@ SimonPB. Was the alledged shading done by SBK or IGM?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
IG .. somebody asked how come the IG SA 40 (whatever they call it) was 100 points below the ALSI futures as shown here ..
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
And the correct answer was that the futures market trades +- 100 points higher than the spot market because of interest etc...etc...
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Why would you you trade the alsi through IG anyway???? It is way to expensive, you should be using a local broker dwt etc etc. If however you trading forex or international indices such as dow/ftse you won't be able to beat IGindex. Their charting and dealing platform is in a league of its own, spreads on the ftse from 0.5 points - thats almost trading for free. In my opinion they are pretty close to the best trading house on the planet.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I have no idea of the correct answer .. I assumed he was refering to their equivalent ALSI futures .. which would have meant shading .. but maybe not .. figured it was a question best put to IG ..
0 Kudos