Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

New Developments? - Any News at all?

TTrader
Occasional Contributor
Hi All, we have all been very patient till now waiting for worthy news all the time watching the Titanic sink lower and lower... today its bid is 17c. Is it that the directors have 1. no idea of communication and the positive impact it has on their/ our business or is it 2. that there really is no good news and that 'silence' is better than publishing just any news. Abuzz, you said you were going to drop them an email, have you had any joy from Rudy. Is there anyone else out there that attended the AGM or was it purely administrative resolution passing with no further matters of interest discussed? It would be nice to hear from anyone out there. Regards TT
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
Vencat
Occasional Contributor
are these guys not waiting for MAM3 and make an announcement on Monday - hoping for a run on the share?
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Hi TT - I have mailed Paul Fouche and asked him to advise us re developments. I don't think we will hear anything about the packs or the cautionary until something happens in that regard, but I pointed out to him that in the 31 May SENS they went on record as saying that they will be establishing new brands in the next 3 months, well that 3 months is up today, so we need to know what they have done about it. I'm sure he will respond, if not to me, then via SENS. When I hear anything I'll post it on the forum. And yes, it may be a good gamble to buy it as part of ones MAM portfolio, because December 12th is D day re the BEE shareholders having their 100 000 units per month orders in place (or the shares revert back to the company) So something is bound to happen by the end of Nov when the competition ends.
0 Kudos
TTrader
Occasional Contributor
Thanks ABUZZ for doing the pt for us :-).TT
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
any news from the directors on this one???
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Nothing as yet, don't hassle you guys will be the first to know as soon as I get a response. Usually takes them a couple of days to respond.
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
might be something worth watchin in the near future - pe rating is dropping and div yield increasing. could spell something positive i hope
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
sorry, earnings yield, not div yield
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
IMU seems to generate a lot of interest on this forum. Just out of curiosity, what is the forward PE of this share at the present price of 17 cps - which I assume prompted the decision to buy into the company in the first place??
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
News from Imuniti, and I quote: "We don't deem establishing of new brands price sensitive information as defined. We mentioned it under the review of the figures as an indication of the plans going forward. We are continuing working on new brands, particular in the retail market. We have established new product brands as mentioned in the review dated 31 May. We are hoping to release info via the press shortly." Well, personally I think the establishing of new brands is positive news and could help their share price, but obviously they don't share this feeling. To me they should be doing everything possible to indicate to the investing market any positive actions/directions that they are taking. OMO
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Get out now before its 5 cents a share. There is no positives or we all would have known about it by now.
0 Kudos
TTrader
Occasional Contributor
Shaun, would you please clarify the disparity between your 2 recent postings? "by Shaun Siddall on 28 Aug 14:33 Watch out for Afgold as well. IMU at 17c is looking like a good gamble?" There seems to be a sharp turnabout in your posting today. May I enquire as on what grounds do you base your sudden devaluation of 70% of its value when there has been strong support at the 18-19c level? Historical P/E cannot be your driver as this has not changed since your first posting. If you value the shares at an approx NAV of around 5c then you would show total disregard the potential of the two viable operations they current operate. Regards TT
0 Kudos
TTrader
Occasional Contributor
ABUZZ, thanks for the feedback. I suspect the directors are very business orientated and possibly academic by nature thereby not really cognizant of the investor out there. I was a director of a public smallcap but we had a dedicated investor communications person to keep our investors up to date. The tendancy is to look inward at operations at the expense of the investors. I learnt that no information/ communication is often worse because the investors perceptions/ rumours etc become the investors "reality" and that can seriously impact on a company's credibility. On another point, I was quite surprised at the interest MAM3 has created...one can see who is the MAM (R9800) invetors are. Thanks again for your efforts. TT
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Bought at 17 sold at 20. Lets see what happens, no news is bad news. No news on packs no news from AGM and no positive response from company.
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
I have a suggestion, ABuzz, as you seem to be in close contact with the directors of IMU. Get them to register on http://www.smallcaps.co.za/SmallCapsForum/index.php so that they can communicate easily and quickly with all of us.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
They'll probably release some news when the interims are published on Oct 19.
0 Kudos
rendan
Contributor
The smallcaps forum is pretty useless. Theres like 1 post on there..... sharechat way better and psg aint bad either.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Hi Harathke, I'll try it, but I doubt they'll go for it. As TT so rightly suggests, they are too business focussed and not enough investor focussed. Hopefully over time (and with a lot of nagging from me) this might change and they could become more investor focussed. They need to realise the benefit of positive news and the effect it can have on their investors (and their share price). Seems quite strange, cos when Paul Fouche speaks to the media he generally opens up and talks quite freely, but to his investors not so much, all part of the learning curve I guess. Perhaps they should employ a communications agency to do their communication for them.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Chatty, I think we will only see the interims at the end of Nov. OMO. I know Profile Media has posted the date as 19 Oct, but this is just their guess, they don't actually phone the company to check.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Noted. This one's building up for a storm on this forum. You increased your holding? In brackets: there are other houses also ignoring their investors. AGI contact details (telephone and email) out of date on their OST profile.
0 Kudos