Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

New Developments? - Any News at all?

ABuzz
Super Contributor
I guess they can be forgiven for poor communications at this stage, cos they are relatively new at this (shouldn't be an excuse though) But they'll learn in time the vital importance of communicating with investors (after all we also own some of the company, we deserve to know what is going on) And yes, still stocking up at these levels.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ABuzz, I disagree. One wants a company to be business focused and if they get that right the investors will be looked after. If they focus on the investors who looks after the business - which will eventually fail without somebody looking after it?
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Simon, you seemed to have taken my comment to the extreme. I don't mean the whole organisation must be investor focussed as opposed to business focussed. What I meant was that within the company they have one person who has as part of their job description "Investor Relations/Communication". It really isn't difficult to keep investors up to date with what is going on, an up to date website, news/media releases, SENS etc are all very easy to do and create a positive and professional impression of the organisation. Obviously the majority of the directors and staff must be business focussed, but someone must take responsibility for Invetor Relations and do a good job of it. Hope this makes my point clear.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ABuzz, aha - the company secretary. yes
0 Kudos
TTrader
Occasional Contributor
Good morning ABUZZ and Simon. I would concur with Abuzz in that I have been director/shareholder in both public smallcap and private company. The difference is that in private company your management team often are the shareholders and information by default is disseminated immediately or at worst at a monthly board meeting. When I was with the public company it did not come naturally to keep investors abreast of developments, hence why we appointed a professional PR/media person to fullfill this position. This was in addition to the company secretary who fullfilled a more mundane and administrative role. I dont think that Imuniti should be concern themselves with keeping their serious longer-term investors interested and dedicated. However they should not have to pander to the short-term investor who wishes to make a quick buck and get out. In a nutshell irrespective the mix of their investor base they should provide succinct information via appropriate channels and make good on commitments made or it will be viewed by investors as only trying to create a hype in the market place. TT
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
I don't like the sponsoring brokers they are using. Same guys who did Blue and Finbond.. Just not my cup of tea......
0 Kudos