Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

New Interest

Plonky
Super Contributor
Beige is active today, 3 million shares already traded. 4 million buyers. Results out next month. Come on you B1tch. Make a mooove.
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Not applicable
Do you think there will be a significant increase before results released? Have had a lot of these for some time and dying to at least break even.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
I certainly hope things will improve. I also have a lot that I am sitting on. All the hype a while ago was based on the turnaround in the company and the fact that they expect to now start showing improved results and growth. I am hoping that the interim results will support the expected turnaround and substantiate a share price in the mid 30's. The market liked the previous press reports, and the share price touched 34c. If the interims are positive, then hopefully the share can go back to mid 30's again. (at least)
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
There is definitely a lot of interest today. The price just touched 26c. Nearly 5 million shares now traded. Now a lot of money, but above average number of shares traded daily.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Yeah, over 11 million traded for the day, and the best volume day since 11 July. Let's hope it can keep the momentum and push up to the 30 cent mark. Previously it has always had one good day and then tends to cool off, let's hope it is changing its routine now leading up to the results in 7 weeks time (maybe a positive trading statement in 4-5 weeks)
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
lets hope it does!!!
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Beige needs to double interim earnings just to come out with static HEPS owing to the 100% increase in issued share capital compared to the previous half-year. The acquisitions funded by these share issues will however only start contributing to earnings at various stages during this financial year, hence the caution that "the board only expects a modest increase in HEPS for 2008." What more do I need to say??
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Beige just touched 28c. Not everybody is thinking the same way.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Not everybody is thinking
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Topgun I do wish you would post your pearls of wisdom more often, you really do bring great insight to the forum.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Beige now at 30. I think I will join Simone with the makeup. It seems to be popular at the moment.
0 Kudos
Trader_x
Contributor
All I have to say is "Up, up and away" ...
0 Kudos
Trader_x
Contributor
it just hit 31c... you go boy.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
On the 8th it was still trading @ 23c. Watch out for profit taking. !! Or maybe Topgun can convince the audience otherwise.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
I am not interested in convincing anybody. As a disinterested observer, I merely noted the facts re. issued share capital and quoted the board iro earnings expectations for this fin. year. I made no suggestion as to short-term share price movements but note that share prices tend to track earnings growth over time. I too look forward to the forthcoming results to see if Beige is indeed worth R470 m.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
I am not interested in convincing anybody. As a disinterested observer, I merely noted the facts re. issued share capital and quoted the board iro earnings expectations for this fin. year. I made no suggestion as to short-term share price movements but note that share prices tend to track earnings growth over time. I too look forward to the forthcoming results to see if Beige is indeed worth R470 m.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Good answer Topgun. Don't worry about my exhuberent comments. It is more about relief of the shares showing some improvement at this stage. I hold 1.5m shares, so I am keen to see some growth. Your comments are well supported by your research, but I obviously hope for a positive outcome.
0 Kudos