Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

New OST Look and Feel - Well done

DawieB
Contributor
I guess this is a good place to place some comments about the new design. As I'm in the web profession (like many others here) I'll keep my comments very objective and constructive. - Firstly, well done. It's always nice and refreshing to get a new page. It's almost like telling your users, you care :) - The site is actually a lot quicker. That is the nr 1 win for me, as 3G can sometime let you wait ages for a page to load. - The colours are refreshing and crisp. Also easy to read. - I had the misfortune of having to use an old laptop for a while for my internet access, and its screen resolution is low (1024 x 768). With the old site I couldn't access all the menus, as they got cut off from the screen and didn't scroll. Thus the top menu bar is also a big up! but (there's always a few buts :P) - the login boxes' text feels a bit tacky. Maybe forgot to css format them? - the shadows under the menus are WAY too heavy. Either make them 1 or 2 px, or no shadow. Will look SO much better. - Can't we get a new discussion board, like a phpbb type one?? The above aren't bad-mouthing, but just some tips to make the site better. Regards, Dawie
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
moomoo
Contributor
New layout sucks. Is it possible to use the old set up? (Maybe an alternate URL?) There is a lot of wasted space on the screen :\
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Someone really has to try it out under Chrome. The menu looks pretty broken - sub-menus popping up in very random places. Luckily the URL's all seem the same as before, because I have a browser folder that I keep shortcuts in and those still work fine.
0 Kudos
MTJ
Contributor
try ctrl-r or ctrl-f5 to clear your cache
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
I like the new toolbar. Hope it still works on my windows mobile cell phone, have not tried it yet. Well done OST.
0 Kudos
Sentiment
Contributor
New toolbar doesn't work on google chrome. Why did you hide the chat forum so deep down in the menu? Overall the new look is a huge step backwards.
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
If the menus keep popping up try not moving your curser over the menus when changing tabs on the browser.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
There will always be moaners and groaners. As long as you can keep most people happy most of the time - well done
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Thanks, the makeover was long overdue!
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Menu's are an improvement on the old that you used to open and it fell of the bottom of your screen. Never been a fan of mouse over menu navigation. If I want it to open, I want to click it.
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
I like the overall new design. The old one was in need of a facelift. Just one thing that bothered me with the change is when u add a share code next to the quick find 9top right hand side) and u click on ENTER, it takes u to the trade page, previously it took u to the quote page.
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
I have to agree with DawieB. The points he make is quite valid. Well done, OST. For the record, it works beautifully under Firefox on Linux.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I like it but unfortunately for me my two pet hate are still there. 1. Having to retype my password for every trade sucks 2. so does having to scroll down to the trade button
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
pienaar
Occasional Contributor
I've got a problem with the menu on Firefox, the top horizontal menu is vertical on my firefox. I tried the ctr+r, and ctr+f5, but it didn't work. now I have to use 2 browsers for my internet.
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
In Firefox, go to Tools> Options> Advanced> Network, have a look next to 'offline storage' and select 'clear now'.
0 Kudos