Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

New York New York

Copper
Regular Contributor
Hi guys. Will be travelling to New York in November. Anybody know any good hotels from experience?? Decent rooms cost about R2000 per night and thats 3 star!!. Anyone know some good value for money places, please reply. Thanks
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
Look up, Mystic Seaport. There is a fast train to NY. Or just a little further is Stonington (but no train) where I have a personal friend with a B&B there.
0 Kudos
GGG
Contributor
I assume you want to stay close to the action as travel can be costly and time consuming. I stayed at the Grang Union 34E 32nd St in May this year. The rooms are small but clean. Given that you will not spend much time in your room this is a value for money option. Google for comments.
0 Kudos
GGG
Contributor
Make that Grand Union
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Try the "The COPPER King Hotel"
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
shop around, I found a great hotel right on Times Square for $100 a night .. can't remember name, but they exist and trhey have plenty capacity right now
0 Kudos
Not applicable
tripadvisor, the most reliable website around
0 Kudos
am_1
Frequent Contributor
Try www.applecorehotels.com We stayed in one of theirs situated almost accross the road from Macy's. Small room but clean and couldn't be more central at a great rate. Cut costs further by eating breakfast accross the road and not at the hotel. It was about three years ago so check current rates
0 Kudos