Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

New graphs are impressive

Not applicable
Must congratulate on 1 month, 3 months etc graphs
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
platsak
Super Contributor
What are you talking about. My charts look exactly h same?
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Go to the share's quote page (i.e. click on the name, not the symbol in the watchlist). The intraday graph has been upgraded to show periods from intraday up to 10 years.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks OST, good change, nicely done. Demonstrates that there are improvements being implemented. I apologise for inferring otherwise in previous posts.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
... However, one tiny little gremlin seems to have crept in with the latest updates: when placing an order, it seems to ask for confirmation twice, and then if one presses "OK" twice, it actually attempts to place two trades. This happened to me twice; has anybody else also seen this?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
While I'm providing feedback on the changes (in a positive spirit - please don't take this as criticism), I see on the intraday graph that there is a line from (current time, current price) to (current time + 1, 0). This line might, in some circumstances, mask a sudden plunge in the share value. I think it might be better if this line were removed, removing the ambiguity.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it's not a line, it's an edge .. the move detaisl above graph will keep you int he loop for sudden plunges ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My point is that the edge is the same colour as the graph, and not entirely vertical, and so it looks like it could be part of the graph. If the edge was a different colour (e.g. the background colour or the fill colour), then there would be no ambiguity between the graph and the edge.
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Gives me the feel of Bloomberg mixed with some CNBC. The switching between intervals on the same graph is very nice, its an excellent addition to the site, complements to the developers.
0 Kudos
Sentiment
Contributor
I absolutely agree with Timato, you have to remove the edge as you can't tell whether the edge is the edge or part of the graph. If a stock should start falling at the same angle as the edge you wouldn't know how far it has actually fallen.
0 Kudos
Enzed
Frequent Contributor
Graphs are a great improvement. Many thanks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Graphs are pretty..but why go and play with something that was already working properly..? Instead get the silly price streamer fixed pleeeeeease! Bid & Bid Vol, Offer & Offer Vol wont update...
0 Kudos
chas
Regular Contributor
Big improvement - thks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes I agree with Timato.At times this is tricky to the eye.Change the colour(fill)to a lighter tone.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have also had trouble with the edge - it seems to slope
0 Kudos