Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

New lows expected this week.

Not applicable
Friday saw a great play at 720 to 734 intraday (very tight though so little movemant opportunity). Today and this week I am looking at shorts to 710 or even down to 690 although this might be a little far for now. I would stick to the above 700's and re-evaluate at R710 to see where to. Medium term support around 650 to 670 if it does not start slowing the downward but that is also off my timeframe at the moment. Expect some support around present levels 715/720. If it moves up from here expect 750/775 as targets. These are my insights and I am sure a few will disagree and eeps will follow the advise sanz wondering or questioning;-) But the AGL results comming up are going to affect this one so keep a close eye on direction...TIMO
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
cashing_in
Occasional Contributor
where are u putting ur spot losses on the short
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
CPS you like this one its getting very tight what you saying it can go either way
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thats my whole problem right now. Value play is running to tight to actually make a call. If you short cash out at 710. If you waiting to go long wait till 710 and see what the market and TA are showing, sometimes a little educated/insightful guesswork. If I am going long I still see 700/710 as entry but alot depends on Plat and dollar ratios and then will DOW hold 10,000???
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
what out for the carry trade sharks I see patterns in stocks which tell me that money is starting to go back home I have a big feeling that we are going to see big foriegn investors selling hard Put it this way its already happening
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
have net foreign purchases turned in net foreign sales ??
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
just positive always optimistic just the depth that varies always by how much is the question absolute numbers are meaningless its the trend that counts
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hmmm .. so you make a statement, it gets disproved an so you just shhift the goal posts .. OK ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Anyway back to the posts intentions. Bounced off the 710 (ok 705 low) and heading north again. I guess the US sentimant spiled over to short term drive and some quick plays here to about 750/770 and then decision time again. Enjoy the trip
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OK, alot shorter that I expected...talk about a fast swing. Live data sure helps catch these turns. so now I am back at the long vs short deciding point..... questions questions...overal trend is still down though so I guess short it will remain for the moment.
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
Simon I work for a listed company and do not really trade their shares would be scared u guys accuse me of insider trading I am sure you could get an idea from e mail address where this is we had a big international fund reduce their position this year for what reason there are no market factors except the money they take home with the carry trade I hope investors out there know what this means for our country when these carry traders decide to take their money back home and give back Obama his free dollar hand outs whose money they taking our pension and provident money cash to pay for their debt ,the arabs did it with the oil and now the US doing it with the dollar .If no one values some input then I give up writting ( I thought it was a waste of time for 9 months ) maybe I might as well declare it a waste of time and just trade cheers CPS all the best with ams surf rat going silent
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Real pitty you feel this way. I enjoy a good opposing view on my sights. Yes we all deal with dily realities but the average trader/investor has no clue what impact the carry trade is effecting on the market. At the moment SA seems to hot to leave alone with Worldcup etc happeing and until many of the proposed Obama effects get approaved and tabled by congress we aint going to see the position change enought to upset the cart short term. If you are gone, I will miss the debates and if you return I will enjoy the future debates ;-)
0 Kudos