Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

New target for short 29850

Not applicable
Previous trade bagged 200 points on short. Reshort on any strength and especially on any gap close.
0 Kudos
50 REPLIES 50
Not applicable
reshort at gap close just above 30300
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
wrong, wrong, wrong: the trend is up going short is not very smart. my medium term target is still 35,000 points.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
we will let the market decide whos wrong or right shall we?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What gaps are you talking about or is my inexperience actually ignorance?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the futures market gapped down about 100 points - extended that and then closed the gap at Friday close of 30319.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sponono - i suggest you reserve you cries of "wrong,wrong.wrong!" as a chant to relieve the pain on the elevator ride down.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Hmm. Chalsi and I seem to be of the same opinion. Alarming, it is.

However, I'm up to a possible temporary bounce if the ECB and IIF kiss and make up. If they seriously can't agree, take Chalsi's elevator to the basement.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
they all see the light eventually
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Depends on where the light comes from.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
personally i dont care - light always illuminates - always
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It appears that there have only been about 7500 contracts traded on Alsi so far! Is this normal for this time of day or is today a bit slow?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
where's your stop loss?
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
there is no wrong or right.. theres only a stop and profit target. for some 50pts a move is enough to make them feel like they right in terms of direction and prediction..for some its the average daily range and catching 200-500pts.. no need to compete,cause no1 gives a hoot about your money or your ideas imposed on the market..only you should.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
quite right spoken like a pro. However just to clarify - my longer term target is some 2000 points lower so not only is this call for a short term short (on which I have already taken profit) it is a longer term call as well.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
when you say "longer term target" is that just and idea imposed on the chart or is your money on the game? for that whole 2000pts target?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
money on the game for longer term portfolio. Shorter term account will continue to look for the 100 -200 point shorts. (or long scalps)
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
So losses are ignored or carried forward in that other book. This way we will always be winners. Subscribe now, members needed to finance the other book.
0 Kudos