Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

New terms of business /whatever

partridge
Super Contributor
Any views on the "new " contract with SBG?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
rosszar
Contributor
I just noticed that i receive no interest on my funds now (see where it shows your interest rate), because the cash balance less than R50k. I used to receive interest on any balance. Anybody else notice this?
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Gonna stay with them, they are the best of the bunch and if you are willing to listen and think, they teach.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
At the beginning of the month I had over R30 zapped from the quotes balance and still have not been able to get any sort of explanation from them. And now I see they are charging for log ons again. According to their website you get R5 towards quotes balance for every trade, but this has not happened since they stopped charging for log ons. It would be in everyoneÂ’s interest to let us know what the deal with quotes balances really is seeing as they are charging for log ons again. Has anyone else had these problems? Anyone researching trading platforms would get a totally misrepresented view of costs and fees. Yes rosszar I see they now have a minimum balance. From what I understand you still get the JSET interest which seems to be about 3.79 after OST takes 1% + vat in fees.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
It would be interesting to know if they are charging a transfer fee between the capital market account and the jset account. Might make the choice of whether to keep money in the jset account a more informed one, i tried the "contact us" option but no reply to date.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
It would be interesting to know if they are charging a transfer fee between the capital market account and the jset account. Might make the choice of whether to keep money in the jset account a more informed one, i tried the "contact us" option but no reply to date.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I’ve been wondering that myself because everything seems to be commission driven. Well I’ve been trying since 2nd January to get some direction on quotes balance so good luck on your “contact us”. Let us know if you do finally get a reply.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
If your primary focus is to make money, these little things should not bother you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes Preston, I hope to make money but I also donÂ’t like just having money taken off without any explanation. I like to know how things work. Has stood me in good stead before. Just thinking koos2, if you look on your statements under "Financial Transactions", you will see "Additional Interest on Money Account". This amount is cancelled out by "Fee on Money Account Deposit" and vat thereon. This amount is never reflected on your "Cash Account".
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
No, costs are a major consideration. Every sent should be acounted for.
0 Kudos