Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

New to this

Salv
Frequent Contributor
Hi all Im pretty new to the whole stock market thing, however i have been watching the satrix 40 for the past couple of months and its dropp from above 3000 to just below 2200 now, just interested to see what your views are to buy satrix forty at this level. Do you think they will drop further or is this pretty much the bottom ? Thx
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable
Salv, go to the menu Buy and Sell Ideas, Tech analysis reports and you'll see yesterday's TA on the Top40. I bought some at 2120 yesterday, and yes, they can still go down further.
0 Kudos
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
Salv, if you don't need cash in thwe next 24-36 months, you should make good profits on STX40 entering at these levels. But with the jitters in the market, buy no more than 25% of your cash at a time - i.e. a little bit every 30-60 days. Specially since there seems to be consensus that the Yankee depresion is going to drag us down a bit more.
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
BURN BURN BURN - This is not the time to come and get your feet wet. If you cannot play intraday, you must just sit it out. Or buy for the long term. But we are going down another 10% at least, when the USA tanks (Y-anks?)
0 Kudos
Parttimer
Frequent Contributor
If daytrading is not your source of income, I agree with Pam. You might also think of averaging into the RESI and FINI as well. In a year or two you can buy us pizza's!!
0 Kudos