Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

New watchlists and alerts functionality

Not applicable
Is it just me, or is the new OST watchlist & alerts functionality way more complex to use than the previous version? The previous version worked very well, not sure why they fixed something that was not broken! :-(
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
simps
Contributor
I agree. The new version is much more complex and is even more confusing when you read it off the phone. Too many lines!!! This is not AYOBA
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Yep too complex - old system better
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya well .. we need to move our systems and technology forward .. thi is in orer to offer cleints a better service ..
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Please Simon I grant you full permission to have a look at my watchlists and for that matter anyone else in the tec division ! as it seems that they cannot even look at these lists nowdays with out permission! As they are completely usless to me at themoment Thanks.
0 Kudos
Mighty_Mouse
Occasional Contributor
I dont mind the complexity of it, but I really liked being able to view my 'alerts' (both Hi and Lo) directly on the one Watchlist page - it appears now that one cannot see the alerts on the Watchlist page, unless I am missing something? Other than that it contains all the info one would require. However, I always used the old Watchlist as a simple 'Trigger Summary"
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
I wonder when Capitec will launch an online broker - that should be a winner - "simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" (and legacy systems no excuse)...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I agree, new watchlist is a nightmare!
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
-if it ain't broken,dont fix it.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
barry .. I will get an expert to call you today ..
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
I for one like the new watchlist. It does have some issues which will make it a better feature example colours, shares are shown in cents yet when adding them it is shown in rands, and the % variance is rounded to 3 decimals (we only need one??). Take the time to play around with it and see what works for u. I love the fact that i can have multiple price alerts on a share (not just a high and low like previously.
0 Kudos
Enzed
Frequent Contributor
Please bring back active & expired alerts - hi and low - on the same screen as the watchlist!Or at least offer it as an option - those who want it select it - those who don't ignore it!Trailing alerts - a great new enhancement!
0 Kudos
pienaar
Occasional Contributor
I like the new watchlist...took some time to get used to it, but it's really great...much better than the old one really...except the default watchlist though.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thank you very much Simon,problem solved,Lindsey helped tremendously,put it down to me being a computer illeterate!
0 Kudos
Mighty_Mouse
Occasional Contributor
I am supporting Enzed's feedback, where it was suggested that the active & expired alerts - hi and low - be made optional on the same screen as the new Watchlist
0 Kudos