Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Newbie question

Not applicable
Hi all I have recently strted trading futures, (1 month or so) and am trying to find my feet. The qustion i have is when my statistical graphs tell me its time to buy how do i know what a good price to offer is? It seems as is i am buying in at too high a price? Please help. Thanking you in advance
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
James15
Contributor
I'm in the same boat. similiarly what is a good price to sell at? - I understand you base your buy/sell on the underlying share's price... at present I use the 'closing' price of the underlying share to buy/sell which I know isnt the 'best'..
0 Kudos
Sirah
Occasional Contributor
Hi. Remember that sellers want a higher price & buyers want to pay cheap for the instrument. It is up to you to decide if you can afford a certain & when you sell just name a price - the buyers will decide if they want to buy at your price or not.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thank you for your replies. I understand that, but is it better to by at market value at that specific time or better to get in at what the sellers are offering at the time. Obviousley i understand that the cheaper i get in teh better but as you say maybe they wont sell to me for such a low price?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
remember that with a SSF there is a amrket maker. So SB is always buying and sellign at their FV.
0 Kudos