Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Newone

Not applicable
I am new in this game and was wondering if anybody can give me advice on what the commodity and property index will do
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
john_1
Super Contributor
it will go up, go down and sometimes go sidewards..now go read "Fool by randomness"
0 Kudos
steve_1
Frequent Contributor
omo this is not a game
0 Kudos
Not applicable
JAV - are you a trader or an investor - the first major question. If you are an investor, then your question is not really relevant, since you should not concern yourself with short term moves but rather with underlying value. If you are a trader, then the good traders in this forum are unlikely to answer your question. Simply because they can't, they can only tell you what they are targeting themselves with for their trades and what their exit strategies are
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Here is good advice - limit your education to trading/investing in shares for a few years - do not go near derivatives as a newbie.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks for your advice,will talk again
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks for this,think it is relevant for me
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Do not trade on emotion. Set yourself a clear set of rules for your trading and STICK to them! This is the best way to profit as a beginner. Also, try your skills at paper trading (not real money) give yourself a fictitious R 100 000 to trade with and record your buy and sell trades and see what "profit" you make. Then when you've learnt a bit then start trading with real cash - and then start off with small amounts first. Never invest more than you are happy/comfortable to lose. Most beginners lose money when they start trading.
0 Kudos