Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

News on Chartist

Jesuit
Occasional Contributor
Chartist has asked me to let the members of the forum know that he has been banned from the forum. I am going to miss his brilliant postings and the very good advice that he gave all of us so willingly through many of these. Go well my friend.
0 Kudos
41 REPLIES 41
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
No chartist and no john, how boring will this be. Is he only banned for a month or what?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Did he get banned as a result of some rather lurid posts, or because of hard-hitting personal comments directed towards Simon? I can't say that I appreciated the graphic details in some of his posts, but there were certainly some very good insights into the markets in there too. On balance, I certainly feel that the forum is losing out by banning him.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Who has such a right of banning someone from the Forum ?? I think that's ludicrous,and believe we should all protest this action.
0 Kudos
Jesuit
Occasional Contributor
I just phoned Chartist and he told me that he wasn't informed how long his banning would be - he said it may be permanent. I have heard his confession and he is truely repentant ! Lets hope Simon allows him back soon soon soon.
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
Agreed, protest action needs to be instated, you can't even watch a movie without hearing a couple of bad words so i can't see the big deal, anyhow everybody here is over 16 so i think we can all handle a bad word or implied message.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
so this afternoon is going to be a bit different by - Chartist by - SimonPB(Standard Bank) 10 Mar 07:45 deleted .. General Market ... 10 Mar 07:45 The thread has only been deleted - it happened to me also, before, and it was justified, but I was not "banned" as a result, just reprimanded.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yeah and whos brain will i be able to pick for day trading analogies, damn this world sucks
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
LOL! And he sends a Jesuit to bear the news... It's clear that there is no love lost between Charty and - well...everyone. I think it probably had to do with those orbs and all. The orbs which broke the camel's back. However, I do believe that sufficient remedy for bad counsels is good ones. If you don't like abortion, don't have one. You can tell us you don't like them. Let us point out here that each post on this forum bears the name of the poster. Don't read it if it's going to spoil your lunch. And remember, nobody can insult you without your permission. It is a somewhat pathetic state of affairs that we allow people the privilege of being so easily offended. Why is it that when matters of religion, sexuality, blashpemy and the like are at hand, one is required to tread more carefully around people's views and sensitivities than when dealing with say, astronomy, astrology, architechture, philosophy or cookery? If we used our noses for procreation would we have the same hysteria prevailing over noses as surrounds other parts of the body? I suppose it would be presumptious to assume that everyone has had the privilege of an education which entails not only preparation for participation in the economy, but for a greater understanding of the human condition. It is truly unforgivable when people who have the means to do so, do not create this opportunity for themselves. Possibly as an aside, what are we to understand from "Standard Financial Markets exercises no control over the subject matter or content of this chat group and accepts no liability whatsoever for the content thereof." Perhaps the administrators of this forum feel the need to maintain some level of decorum and tone on this forum. I think it's pure prudery. And what a pity for the prudes! Go in pieces Charty.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Wanna add my voice/vote in support of Chartist. The forum will be a much poorer place without him.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This is sickening! Arn't we supposed to now march down to SB HQ, singing and dancing and hand a letter of demand to Big Brother that he be pardoned and unbanned? We could burn a few schools, trash a few cars, break a few shop windows and pee on the pavements on the way there.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
noooooo... for the very same reason why C has been banned, or was he? Why the hype? Very many people go missing each day, some for unknown reasons. At least we know C is persona non grata... or not?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
True...maybe this whole banning thing is just a smokescreen! Could be that John finally succummed to his ways and they eloped...wateva...may they both find peace and happiness.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Oh come on already SBK! Sure, Chartman has an acid tongue, but banning him has the ring of how the NP used to deal with things and we all know how they ended up... the only one left is that snotkop kortbroek little twat and he's the ANC's lapdog now (don't know how ze leetle vanker livz wiv himzelf). Anyway, simple solution, in an adult world, if Chartist really transgressed seriously, then by all means take a legal route and deal with it (I'm sure he'll regret that even more), but please don't award yerself the right to moderate free speech no matter that this is yer forum. Here's a suggestion, make him post an apology (I'm sure that will make him grind his teeth for a week)
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Is John also banned... I thought he's on a holiday
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
LOL. He had it coming. Always pushing the boundries a little more and a little more. That why he's perhaps the best trader in anticipating short term moves I know. Well, he sure had build up a followig on this forum over the years. Except for Zarpie his entertainment value ranked in the top 2. Pity Simon had to pull his plug (no pun intented)
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Simon pulled his plug. Whaahhhahahhhhaa.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I reckon he lost all his money and took it out on SBK to try get back at bankers...shame poor chap...you can cut my lawn if you need a little cash!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
highly unlikely dude, he's a trader ... to understate things
0 Kudos