Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Next week?

Douw
Frequent Contributor
All us long guys operating without stoplosses can hopefully take a breather now. Supporting the apparant turning point in the market is the completion of a general 5 wave structure. Progressing thru an Elliott pattern with 3 more small waves up to wave 8 is probably not far off. During next week I see SAB at about 50400, WHL at around 6700 and MTN at around 20300. Any other predictions?
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Preston
Super Contributor
My kinda guy (WHL).
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
A relief rally was due,but I think a lot of stocks are still in trouble,having broken important supports.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
WHL financials are due next week. Strong earning from its wholly owned subsidiary coupled with the weak domestic exchange rate will further strengthen its earnings.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I dont see the pattern as you do: if we completed a "general 5 wave structure", then it means we in for a ABC(3 wave structure) correction?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Try this if your bias is bearish: 23 Jan was the all time high, so end of wave 5. Then came corrective wave A down which ended on 4 February. This bounce is corrective wave B up( possibly to 40967 or so)....this means wave C down to follow. So correction not over, a low below the low of 4 feb to follow. (and WHL may see 52?).
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
But if my bias is bullish, then i call this wave 5 up and the selloff just completed wave 4 down... (so WHL back to 70 or more)
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
if the ABC wave count is correct, 52. If the 5 wave count is correct, then 70+...but on both wave counts, we go up first. and in both counts, yes, TREND is up
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I would just be careful of that little H and S on MTN. Neckline around 194.
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
Rams, I agree the waves are obscured but one can identify them more clearly with the candles switched on. As per Elliott rule, obscured wave C whenever it occures will end in line with the endpoint of wave 4 which for WHL seems to be at about 6700. Looking at the chart, 6700 seems to be a strong support during March/April12 and a strong resistance during July12. So the previous key value of 6700 ties up neatly with the current Elliott. Moreover, WHL is in a strong buying zone. I really have a good feeling about WHL taking off north to at least 6700 and hopefully more if favourable financials emerges.
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
Sorry mistake, that is April13 and a strong resistance during July13.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and wave 4 was Dec 13, 2013...(TOPI, Daily chart)...we way above, so it means wave c still to follow...therefore wave B now and wave C to follow will end just above 38538(end of wave 4. dec 13, 2013...)...all this means is that if your bias is bearish, the correction not over...I not trading my bias, i trade with my stop losses
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
Wave 1 started on 15January14 and very similar to the Elliott of 29May13. Keypoints also very similar.
0 Kudos