Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Nice 10% gap up for those interested

kwagga
Super Contributor
So the ringfencing of SA operations idea was swiftly canned and ANG is still 10% off the level when the news broke. Some opportunity for closing or partial closing of the gap if you ask me.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
hats off to the SARB and JSE. If those investor b&*"#rds had their way, they would have split the company, saddle the SA entity with all the debt, and thank SA for all those lovely working mines that would have been debt free.
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
I don't think this is the end of it, sure they will look for other ways of doing the same
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Not the end of it. Agree..Skaap..but it was a share holder decision not a Reserve Bank or JSE one...I challange ANG Management for not going to their major shareholders first to get a heads up. ANG will come up with another plan to follow the Goldfields model. Venkat's (CEO) problem is that he asked for too much at once IMO.... +$2 billion, delisting on LSE and restructuring all at once...Agree that there is a gap there for the short term.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not to my understanding, no. The shareholders (Paulsen in particular) have wanted a split for ages. It is the R10bn rights issue they were objecting to. The rights issue was to pay off the debt so as to leave the SA entity debt free. Suddenly the Paulsen plan didn't look so enticing anymore - RSA wasn't going to have the wool pulled over their eyes
0 Kudos
Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
I agree, once the dust settles there is a nice gap to take up....maybe a dabble with some call options? anyone agree ?
0 Kudos
Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
I agree, once the dust settles there is a nice gap to take up....maybe a dabble with some call options? anyone agree ?
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
everything just looks so negative for the gold price??
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
0 Kudos