Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Nickname

PLayer
Frequent Contributor
Hi Guys, Where can I change my nick on the OST? I have been to preferences but cannot find the ....change menu for profile name or nick name...
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Vano
Regular Contributor
There seems to be only one way to do it: close your account and open a new one. Lots of forumites hate their nics, but no go.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I totally dig mine but remember kinky_sex_maniac, pervert, schlonger and various combinations thereof have already been trademarked!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you can't ..
0 Kudos
Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
Lord Vader has spoken! :)
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
This already chaotic forum would be unusable if everyone was free to change their nicks whenever they felt like it.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
There should still be a procedure whereby we can reasonably do so.We are the paying clients.Looks like the tail is wagging the dog.
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Agree...It should be allowed...Guys who have used their seq numbers as their nicknames have surely been able to change them.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I like that we can't change nics - having been around a while now, its nice to have gotten to "know" the main forumites. At least when I see a post, I kinda have an idea on the trading style of the poster and can gauge how I take the input. I still think Chartist should be allowed to return though ....
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
You also get to know who the idiots are and avoid posts/replies by them.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
offensive or log in names will be changed .. but otherwise when you register it points out very clearly that you will not be able to change ..
0 Kudos
PLayer
Frequent Contributor
guys so this is a no go I will leave my one as is.........
0 Kudos