Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Ninja's trading method

Jellyram
Contributor
What is your average consistant percentage success rate measured over a period of 12 months as reflected in your portfolio using this trading method?
0 Kudos
41 REPLIES 41
reyden
Frequent Contributor
More importantly, what is your average win to loss ratio?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
win.loss ratio is a meaningless number without knowing the size of the losses and winners .. I know trader who have a loss 60% of the time, but they make money ..
0 Kudos
reyden
Frequent Contributor
I'm assuming that he is not trading more than 2% of his capital and he has a trailing stop-loss of +/- 2%. Yip, I also know dudes with a 35% success rate, but make lots of $$$ PS Happy new year and a 20$$
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What package would you recommend for this trading method?
0 Kudos
Jellyram
Contributor
I rather buy and hold as long as the trend keeps going up. Works for me. Ninja must have a very strong stomach!!
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
No, I don't have a strong stomach, hence the system....removes 100% of the nerves as it is very simple to execute. Guys, not here to tell you to use my system or that your way of trading is wrong. Hell, just offering a little insight, maybe we should all be doing the same as we are all trying to achieve the same thing. For those who need the info, my account I use to trade the system is 300% larger than ther start of the year and I have a 59% profit ratio considering all trades. Remember occasionally I get a runner and my system keeps me in for major profits. The rest of the time its between 10 and 50 pips a trade on a daily basis. I am trading $50 per pip so on my smallest winning trade I bank $250 and my remaining 50% of the trade gets stopped out at breakeven. My average trade is banking around 25 pips at $50 per pip. You do the maths and at some point in Q1 this year I will be able to move my position size to $80 per pip. Remember, its not about your win ratio, your profit made, its about trading a system you trust inherently and trading the system with strong discipline. The cash follows naturally, but should never be part of your trading mindset.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Ok Guys, we have set up for entry on the dow.......now we wait for close below BB SD1 on the 5 min chart.....will try and talk you through the trade as we go.....but am changing babies and feeding so may lag a little....if you are trading this move with me, buckle up, here we go.
0 Kudos
reyden
Frequent Contributor
Ninja, do you use your system for end-of-day trading? If so, how do the results compare?
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
ok, i got in at 11681....remember a stop is a very strict close above BB SD1......at 10 points take half profit and move stop to BE....if we get there...
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Ok Im out...will wait for re-entry
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Ok ...apologies for late catch up...was busy with the twins and then fell asleep after I closed the position. As you can see the market took some time to realise that a downward move was imminent and I got stopped out a couple of times in the process for a small loss. Then betweeb 7-9pm last night we saw the dow consolidating and BB contracted nicely....we were simply at this point waiting for the price to tell us where to go. We were expecting a downward move due to the RSI position but anything was possible. Our clear confirmation came at 7.25pm last night with an engulfing bearishish candle that closed below the 20sma, 10ema, 20ema, BB SD1 lower and BB Lower band in one 5 min candle. I entered at 11 693. As to be expected we saw a mini retrace back to dynamic resistance of the 10ema before the big retrace we had been waiting for took off. The system would have kept you in the trade all the way dwon to the end of the session at 11 651 for a clear 40 point move. Hope this makes sense and demonstrates the system in action....not all the trades are this tricky, most of them don't need multiple entries....as long as you exit correctly and trade correct position size you will make nice profits using this system. The beauty of it is on many levels...clear entry and exit points all the way through the trade, high probability outcome, short time period to safe zone......that is 10 pips clear, 50% cash in bank with remaining 50% at break even stop. Remember I trade the indices and forex so liquidity, huge costs and stop loss failures are not a concern at all.......liquidity is instant, costs almost non existant and I have never ever had a stop loss fail me. I hope this helps if you are working on your system out there, as always, may the charts be with you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what is the bollinger band sd1, you speak about? kindly explain BB SD1 lower and BB Lower band in one 5 min candle?
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Standard Deviation 1 upper and lower sit inside your regular Bollinger Bands....normal lower & upper Bollinger is your Standard Deviation 2
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Ninja, I am currently trying your system out on some currency pairs. I must say, I am seeing some sucess although MUCH lower leverage for now! 70 pips on GBP/USD short trade this morning and possible a setup coming for a long just now. Do you employ any swing trading / longer time frame systems? I work a hectic job and cannot watch the markets too much during working hours...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Entered GBP/USD at 17:00 exactly. 15 mins RSI setup and confimred with 5 min RSI setup. But Using a 10 pip stop. I havent quite grasped the nuances of the bolinger band and EMA stop method you outlined earlier.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Jonno....the system is even more accurate on the longer time frames.....remember your stop loss must be wide enough to incorporate the moving SD1 BB which is your dynamic stop 1. If you have any questions please mail me on [email protected]. All the best.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks so much. I was stopped out on last trade... at breakeven though as you advised.
0 Kudos
Johnmac
Occasional Contributor
Hi Ninja, What platform do you use to trade your system?
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Jonno. if you were stopped out at breakeven that is a succesful trade as 50% of your profit should have been banked at 10 points up? A breakeven trade is a great trade.......breeds good habits. I trade using igindex.
0 Kudos