Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

No logout browser

Frequent Contributor
I found a browser that has a feature which will stop you getting timed out. Set the timer for 14m 30 sec and it will reload the page so that it seems you are active. Its not perfect ( Doesnt do the charts page for example and always reloads to the home page ) but beats having to log in all the time. You can pause the timer if you are active and restart it if you are busy with something else. You can download it here..... http://www.myrefresher.com/
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
LogicNvest
Contributor
Very nice tool, thank you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/115 ReloadEvery 2.0 for Firefox Users. I must restart firefox to see if it works properly. Later. BTTB.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ok. It works. ;)Set it to 15 minutes. Went away, had supper, watched a bit of TV, came back to my PC and lo and behold I am still logged on to Standard Bank's Share Platform. "Reload Every" is an extension for Mozilla Firefox. Works well with tabbed browsing only refreshing the page you want. http://reloadevery.mozdev.org/
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Update: I set the refresh time-out to the Custom Setting of 19 minutes. Woke up this morning and I was still connected to Standard's On-line Share Platform. Sorted. Cheers. BTTB.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Update. When I found that software yesterday I asked the writer if it will be possible to halt the countdown automatically if you are clicking on things. i.e activly browsing. Good news is that it is a feature in Ver 1.3 which is being released later this month.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I Just installed "Refresher" now and it basically is another browser. Not sure if users want to use a different browser which requires permission to access the internet from your firewall etc? I denied it access and un-installed it. "Reload Every 2.0" on the other hand is an extension for Firefox and also the browser of my choice. The only snag like "Reload Every" is that it automatically refreshes at the specified time even if you are browsing, just like the current version of Refresher. So in my case I would probably open a specific tab as I have many Tabs open on different shares and only refresh one of those every 19 minutes. If you try 20 minutes you will timeout. Perhaps in a later version this small issue will be fixed. Hope this information helps somebody. Regards, BTTB.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Correct BTTB. It does seem to be based on Microsoft's IE, so should be secure. I also first tried the FFox plugin, but the absense of the visable countdown timer is what prompted me to try the other. Also seemed to have more options for tweaking to your preference.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
mwk
Frequent Contributor
I also use Firefox, with the ReloadEvery add-on. Works great, but I only enable it when I am doing something else on the computer. Easy to use - right click on the page for the reload options.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
555 if i could i would take you for a beer!!! thanks a lot, you saved me endlesss trouble.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi guys. Fantastic gimic this. Good old IT guys hard at work. Unfortunatly i was not blessed with many it skills. Do i have to run refresher through the program they give me or can i have it as part of my normal internet explorer. Its just that i am used to my internet explorer interface. Please assist!!
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Richie77, Its a different browser, but seems to be based on Internet Explorer. What the heck, its free, so download it and give it a try and if it doesnt work for you, you still have IE.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Richie go to this link..its called Mozilla, a much better browser than Internet Explorer...http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I will second that. Firefox is my preferred browser. Can't beat tabbed browsing, although the latest version of IE also has this feature now. Coming back to Reload Every 2.0 for Firefox. Set it to Custom at 19 minutes and 30 second, as I read here that Standard Bank had increased the time-out to 20 minutes. That should fall within the allocated time. The Automatic Refresh could be annoying. Watch it doesn't refresh a page set-up for with Live Quotes. Cheers. BTTB.
0 Kudos