Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

No news as yet from ACL

manicks
Regular Contributor
When will this share resume trading again
0 Kudos
41 REPLIES 41
Terra
Super Contributor
Trading still halted.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Not looking good for this stock.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i also want to short,but am now afraid to enter as probably the share will over shoot the mark as everybody is of the same idea and pay way too much for the PUT
0 Kudos
tee_1
Occasional Contributor
any chance that kumba could take over ACL in the long run.
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
I hope some positive news comes out, perhaps an extension of contract or alternative supplier
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
What time will ACl resume trading? Waiting for SENS announcement?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
That is if they WANT to take over ACL.Probably not and as another forumite pointed out there is likely to be a partly political soloution.
0 Kudos
Barend_1
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
my put was swept away by OST just now,i would'nt be surprised if the whole system freezes due to large volume when ACL trades open,i'm going to go direct by phone,hope that will be faster!
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
I wouldnt be surprise if ACL doesnt resume today, im sure negoitiations are still in progress
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
You'd think the JSE or ACL would post a statement- nothing worse than being kept in the dark and fuelling further uncertainty.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Citi says if the deal is cancelled they expect ACL to fall 4400c, which is way the hhigh end of the expectations .. most seem to settle around a 2000c-2500c fall when trading resumes ..
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
Hi Simon, and the effect on KIO / EXX? Fully priced in? thks
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
don't know until afterwards .. but reality is that we don't know all the info so in theory it can't be ???
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
just thinking more along the lines of if the contract isn't cancelled then Friday's 7% gains on EXX / KIO will reverse, but if it is to be negotiated then there's not as much upside anticipated due to Friday's gains. but ye, info isn't all in the market yet. wait and see.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
What is ACl weighting on the Top 40? its going to have an effect on the index.. watch stops and triggers
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Doesn't look like we will trade today.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos