Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Northam Share Price Manipulation

Carl_1
Occasional Contributor
The Northam share price was manipulated down on Thursday. Despite increased volume today, the closing price was still R21.80 despite all the other platinum mine shares going up. Someone is trying to accumulate these Northam shares at this artificially low price. Please DO NOT SELL your Northam shares now.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
South_Easter
New Contributor
Bought some NHM the other day at about 2400, feel very happy about it. I think it was the tail end of the Implats news that a deal was no longer about to happen that caused the recent deflation. I do think selling was overdone. If the Share price goes down further I will just have to buy some more. Intend to hold long.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
manipulated - or just a seller ? How does a buyer manipulate the price down and still gt to be a buyer ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Its the same people who's keeping the gold price artificially low! Conspiracy!
0 Kudos
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
NHM price held up after the announcement of IMP that they want to buy the mine. IMP withdraw their offer of interest not so long ago. NHM is just playing catch up with the senior plat miners, and should follow the PLAT index again shortly.
0 Kudos