Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Now i see why pick n pay is doing so badly!

Mr_S
Super Contributor
You walk into their shops, their staff are standing around having a good old chat, doing nothing productive, theres usually 3 or 4 standing around doing nothing, then at some pick n pays they dont even bother packing for you anymore, they just hand you the plastics so you do it yourself...worst still, theres never consistency in the products they offer on the shelves. One day my favourite wine is there, then its not seen for 4 weeks..staff look so damn tired its depressing, they dont greet or smile and their useless pnp globes dont work...its so obvious to me why shoprite is doing so well. Even though you may encounter the above problems from time to time, its never consistent week after week! until this changes, pwk is a dog in my book!
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Rams
Super Contributor
Agree, i never go into P&P anymore becos of their civil service attitude. compared to Woolies, they are useless when it comes to customer care...But maybe it will change when Woolies buy a stake in P&P. Though did not see nay difference in the massmart stores!
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
P'nP family stores are doing good - stay outta the large stores and maybe also the HiperStores.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Interesting observation since the supermarkets and hypers are company run (salaried management) while the PnP Family stores are franchised (owner operated).
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
I think Woolies will run into some legal issues soon. I for instance keep on receiving sms's from them threatening to take me to court because I don't pay my account. Problem is that I don't have an account with them and when I told them to remove me from their sms list they started a daily harrasment campaign. Not legal, if it is happening to me it must be happening to quite a few people.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I know guys who have franchises. They are NOT happy. They would sell but it is very difficult to sell the thing since the bank will only partially finance the price of the business; and then only after you pay for all stock in cash - and this is, as one can well imagine, a major item in such a business
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Ya,franchising may look pretty from the outside, but the devil is in the detail. Buyer BEWARE!!! Those revamps will cost you plenty....and more.
0 Kudos