Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OF INTEREST....

barry_1
Super Contributor
...of the twelve GOLD shares and two uranium that are on a watchlist that i started a year ago,that the best thing to do with them was use derivitives for short term only.I hold none myself at the moment..........Here are the latest figures:- ANG down 9%,GFI down 19.1,HAR down 39.5% ....ONLY SIM up 2% and GBG up 46.9% OF the rest down between 14% to 28% for the year!
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
barry_1
Super Contributor
...and WITS GOLD up 91.6% probably since it announced that it was starting a new mining company.It will how ever be interesting to see if it can repeat the performance1
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What do you think of SIM for the short term Barry?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i'm not certain of their debt position,which could impact on aquisitions and further extensions,how ever they seem to be cruising along nicely at the moment,in 2005 we all made a packet in their run up to the present price.If uranium recovers they might also do well as they hold 70% of first uranium if the price stabilises and of course the uranium mines also produce a fair quantity of gold.Probably the only reliable play open to us locals of second teir mines....i don't hold any at the moment,but will continue to monitor SENS for any thing that might excite me!I dont consider West Wits as it is difficult to understand exactly where their mine is! GBG holds promise how ever ,but is in early ramp up phase ,still requiring large amounts of capital.AFO always seems on the point of a run ,but at this stage never quite makes it. DRD is DRD,ouch!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
blood bath continues!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Especially resources.
0 Kudos