Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OK NOW SERIOUSLY... Wen will this share bottom out?

rendan
Contributor
15c? 10c? 5c? mebbe ill buy at 5c when it reaches reasonable pe levels :D Less risk that way
0 Kudos
42 REPLIES 42
Samir
Super Contributor
not even considering it until positive news is released. glad i didnt take a chance at 25c. Maybe this will be the next awethu.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Dont you eel sorry for the people that baught at R2.00/share?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Very intresting thing happened now..wanted to sell some shares at 15c....OST callesme up and say i cant do that!!!!!..what's up with that...its a rule they say from the JSE
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Strange. There is currently a bid for 30000. Do what you like? Do not listen to OST without a valid reasons.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
You dont understand..OST refuse to put the order through..they say im trying to manupulate the price!!!...hey we see that everyday with other shares...what is so speciale about this one??
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Posed that Q to Simon. Maybe he can assist.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it was an attempted market manupulation and that is illegal.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
He was the one that phoned me..hahaha
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Why Simon? if you own that share surely he can sell at the current bid. Attempted market manipulation could exist if he is selling to a related party or if he has a SSF (with the same share ) in play. More info is required Simon? Very interesting?
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Simon..just did some homework...when there is a bid to buy its not illegal!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Taurus, you are wrong. Anyway I do not intend to debate this here.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Simon. I also want to learn . It is not adebate but rather a learning curve. Come now Simon , do not keep knowledge to yourself.. Aternatively e-mail me.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
This is not aimed at you personaly but after our chat i thaught about it and what OST is doing is telling me what to sell and what to buy...why can someone put in a bid to buy at 15c if no one is allowed to sell at that price...i know you just work acording to rules.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Investopedia i.c.w. Manipulation: The act of artificially inflating or deflating the price of a security. In most cases, manipulation is illegal. It is much easier to manipulate the share price of smaller companies, such as penny stocks, because they are not as closely watched by analysts as the medium- and large-sized firms. Also known as "price manipulation". One way people can deflate the price of a security is by placing hundreds of small orders at a significantly lower price than the one at which it has been trading. This gives investors the impression that there is something wrong with the company, so they sell, pushing the prices even lower. Another example of manipulation would be to place simultaneous buy and sell orders through different brokers that cancel each other out but give the perception, because of the higher volume, that there is increased interest in the security. I'd like to hear more from OST purely for reference purposes.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
That is very interesting why then not tell us at what price we are allowed to bid at? whats the point of the bid then. Will OSt or should i say the JSE accept 16, 17, 18, 19 or 20 cents.Would like to know.Thanks
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
seems to be causing a bit of a stir, why can't we sell shares at whatever price we want to. Maybe someone has a large tax bill and wants to offset some of it against a loss on shares, r any other reason for that matter. Isn't this a free market??? In a free country???
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you can sell/buy at any price you like. You are not allowed to manipulate a price. Big difference.
0 Kudos