Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OK why is this one plummeting??

PLayer
Frequent Contributor
Please any views, opinion or comments on this will be appreciated
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
swordfish
Frequent Contributor
simon would have said, more sellers then buyers, a lot more sellers.
0 Kudos
PLayer
Frequent Contributor
so I presume with this one I have to take the pain and wait it out......for a long time......
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Well check the SENS.Bad news. The graph looked good, but this spoiled everything
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Unfortunately it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better, this company is in pain at the mo.
0 Kudos
PLayer
Frequent Contributor
looked at sens but management taking a pay cut is good faith in the company looks like a long haul on this one for me.....else I could start buying in at the lower price.... your thoughts
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Well... Lets just say that this thing closes on 800... then this rally my just still be on
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It should never have run in the first place, IMO. Its results were not great, it has high debt and big inventory which should translate to working capital problems around the corner. Plus, it is heavily linked to the local economic growth.
0 Kudos
rainbird
Occasional Contributor
I bought in at R5 (mid Apr) to average my loss. Think it may be headed even south of that now. I'm outa here with a reduced loss and hope to make it up elsewhere.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
rainbird, don't let our comments psych you out of your position, I was merely commenting on the latest price spike. If you are cost averaging, then you have a long term focus, by definition of hte strategy. Do your homework on the long term viability and potential of the company, and don't worry about the short term - IMO!!! Note that I am not making a call for or against!!
0 Kudos
rainbird
Occasional Contributor
Thanks skaaptjop. My loss is quite palatable at this level. However, if the price drifts back to R5 my loss will not be. There are more attractive counters around and I may come back to Bell once there is more clarity as to their future trading prospects.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Close on 800....Some peoples' stop losses would have triggered. Could this be just a scare. it probably was.. Will see
0 Kudos
PLayer
Frequent Contributor
So I presume in the short term everyone is going to be shorting this share..The markets have opened down after the rally yesterday..interesting...times ahead
0 Kudos
zipreeper
Occasional Contributor
the whole world is heading south and bell wants to run?
0 Kudos
Alias_M
Occasional Contributor
31st July 2009...Bell has been running between circa 500c and 800c since Feb this year. In Oct 2007 it peaked at 5600c and the extended Fourier line (Long term line) shows 2800c in April next year. People are tired of waiting and interest rates are falling. The last Nett Asset Value in the fundamental value section of my Sharefinder charting system is 1454c. The bad news of the anticipated loss per share is in the open, and the share fell from 840c to 800c. This morning the lowest asking price is 850c and the highest bid was 800c when I looked before opening but after the morning auction, so no blood in the streets. Like always, consult your system and "Let the buyer beware" but time it right and there could be a good profit ahead. Anyone prepared to bet that this share will not reach at least 1500c by mid 2010? Remember the decision is yours, this is only information based on history. Alias M
0 Kudos
Alias_M
Occasional Contributor
31st July 2009...Bell has been running between circa 500c and 800c since Feb this year. In Oct 2007 it peaked at 5600c and the extended Fourier line (Long term line) shows 2800c in April next year. People are tired of waiting and interest rates are falling. The last Nett Asset Value in the fundamental value section of my Sharefinder charting system is 1454c. The bad news of the anticipated loss per share is in the open, and the share fell from 840c to 800c. This morning the lowest asking price is 850c and the highest bid was 800c when I looked before opening but after the morning auction, so no blood in the streets. Like always, consult your system and "Let the buyer beware" but time it right and there could be a good profit ahead. Anyone prepared to bet that this share will not reach at least 1500c by mid 2010? Remember the decision is yours, this is only information based on history. Alias M
0 Kudos
zipreeper
Occasional Contributor
would it make sense to pump 'loans' into bell, see the assets disappear amid a veil of secrecy and when the company goes belly up, send shareholders home empty-handed?
0 Kudos
Alias_M
Occasional Contributor
Alias M 26th August. I bought into this at 881c on 17th Aug 2009 and it is now on 1010ci.e.+14.64% i.e. R1290.. Between this buy and April 2009 I had also invested gingerly and made a quick R3600. Barring any unforseen shocks I still fancy it for good growth in the next 12 months. It is a good hedge share with good products and good management. Just read your charts and have a trailing stop loss to curtail losses.
0 Kudos