Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OK

Not applicable
Trading SSF's is hectic!!!!!
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
...dont tell me you were in sol on ssf's?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Game over ?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I think he meant the screen is not large enough for the profits!
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
NO, he did not...and he is not alone and to add to the injury, HAR is having a severe case of spuitpoep..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
U see that!!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Okay my Daily P/L in the red @ the mo(big time)but my available trading funds covers that @ the mo....(Aim I right in say that). What time does futures market close...Tx.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
cents,please take my advice and learn more and do mock trades on ssf or you will get burned.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Aim finding out for myself....and aim not mocking.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
mock trades are the way to go when you begin trading ssf,ie fictitious trades,not using actual money
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
To late for mock trading...playa(my bad) Finding out how to trade SSF...sweet
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Im also learning with real cash. I chose to long the sat40 and naspers (which has been great today). Surely (correct me if Im wrong) if sol drops R3 today and you have one contract you are out of pocket R300 (100 contracts X 3) so if you were to sell the contract youd be out of pocket 300+brokerage. Similiarly if it went up youd pocket R300 - costs? WHat Im not sure of is how the matrix affects your profit / loss as isnt the money to be made in the difference on the underlying when you close your position. (100 contracts X diff in share price) Please feel free to whip me if Im wrong. - Paul C
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
me to, but today was nothing like being in BIL on the 2 jan 2007!
0 Kudos