Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom168
Frequent Contributor
i had 20000 rand this morning and went long on drd at 465. I just logged on to my account now and all my positions are closed plus I have a negative balence of R9000. So what happens now? Do I owe standard bank??? i cant belive this! T_T hehe
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
Not applicable
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Bet the house and loose the farm.....
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Champion dog...and a Killer dog...!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Comes with the package, sorry boy one needs to pay his school fees
0 Kudos
GL
Contributor
Tom - did you go long by bying the share DRD, or an SSF on DRD?
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
Just received an e-mail stating my DRD stoploss failed. I closed all positions on DRD a couple of days ago. Is this normal? I assumed that stoplosses would be cancelled when position is closed?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
with a future you can loose more then your initial investment.

your stop loss will be cancelled when you exit the position.
0 Kudos
Running_bull
Frequent Contributor
its was mentioned to get out around there. didnt think their trading statement was that good, and at 565 it was up about 61% from a few weeks back. really sorry to hear the loss though
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Tom. Sorry to hear about this. Whose going to tell us about Exarro now.
0 Kudos
gleamin
Contributor
So, where do you guys think the bottom is on DRD. Holding up well at the R3.90 level today.......
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The 340 resistance is very important. If it reverses before that its confirming an uptrend. All depends on the gold price, sentiment, T-Bills, and gold atheists like Simon and John.
0 Kudos
Tom168
Frequent Contributor
I went long on merafe at 90 c!!! 2000 contracts at afrifocus! I'm calling it a bottom it has to go up from here! I can't lose this time! Went some more at 370 on drd, it has to turn very soon!
0 Kudos
Running_bull
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Tom - Are you punch drunk ? Just the fact that you don't realise the risk of trading SSF's is beyond me. Don't you even know what a margin call is? Then you announce the bottom for a worn out whore share like MRF and you go long on a day like today. If your luck and money doesn't run out today, it will very soon. "I can't loose again" - What a crock of *****. This is typical rooky behaviour. Substitute one loss with more risk to recover all losses and make some profit. Recipe for a disaster. Been there done that, got the T-Shirt a decade ago.
0 Kudos
moomoo
Contributor
Stay away from futures, thats the moral of the story I guess. heh atleast you make my 3k lost look like peanuts.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
Simon, with regards to the stoploss, that is exactly the point I am trying to make. The stoploss was not cancelled on exiting the position. I sold out at 565c, at a profit. Two days later, the price fell below my stoploss (which was at 470c if memory serves). I received an e-mail stating that the stoploss failed. Reason for failure was that I had no shares to sell!!
0 Kudos