Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OML Selling Nedbank stake

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
klapka
Super Contributor
Old Mutual's statement on Wednesday is going to be horrible whatever else they say. But if the rumours are true Nedbank may be worth a punt?
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Who will be in a position to buy and at what price. Competition Commision problably will not allow further foreign ownership. I dont think OML is in much of position to bargain. They are problably a motivated seller at this time?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
very very old rumur, and who will buy ?? will the RS allow another foreign majority ownership ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It would be ironic if SBSA made a bid, as they were almost bought over by Nedbank 10 years ago.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What happens if OML was to go bust? What happens to policy investments , retirement annuities? Are the deposits secured ? and by who?
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Far as I know there's no such thing as deposit insurance in SA. I suppose that makes us 'naked depositors'?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
we do have deposit insurance for banks .. not sure about life insurance ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OML is gona drop tommorow,everything is going to drop 2moro...behold we are in for a red day..I think that this Nedbank sale is a baseless speculative rumour,sell the rumour,buy the fact...In my honest opinion I think OML is a sound company..But come 9am on the 4th,my opinion myt not be that true...If we cud only see 5 minutes into the future we wud be billionaires,for now we speculate..
0 Kudos