Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OML

Trying
Contributor
Hi , Anybody know why this is tanking so badly ?
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
richardw
Super Contributor
OML's had a huge, huge run since March, so it could just be people taking profits and reducing their exposure.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
seems like their US operation is sucking up more capital than investors are comfortable with - they just recently announced another massive capital injection
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Stop loss dumped this share and I am dissappointed as I really think this share has potential. If it cuts the bol band on the upswing I will get in again.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
agree just think some guys taking profits/reducing exposure. Heard yesterday OM Prop sold of stake in Cavendish and menlo malls maybe need cash to buy into something else mmmm? 1120 quite good support if it holds next up could take it back to 1180 or so could be a nice short term trade
0 Kudos
Trying
Contributor
Thanks for the feedback . Looks to be running back up .
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Just my luck, now i pay a premium, i don't know about these stop losses, they can make u cry at times.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Galuc where did you place your stop?
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
There are rumours that a big US bank may be "close to failure". This is putting stress on all the financials.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Which bank??
0 Kudos
djw
Regular Contributor
The Fed
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
My 10% trailing stoploss kicked me out @1129 cents yesterday still made 10% profit on this shere but i think i need toriew if 10% stoploss is not to small a stoploss currently for thid market......what do you guys think??????
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I read that as well. Wonder when we'll know...
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
10% not a bad stoploss that depends on the risk you willing to take.If you work with 10% i think you need to look at where that will trigger and look if support close or far off in oml case there was good support at 1120 so could have adjusted stop down to just below support in that way would only have triggered after support broken
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Mine was also 10% and kicked in at 11.25
0 Kudos