Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OML

gamma
Contributor
Anyone long OML?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Long with OML and NED
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
@ gamma, I'm sure had you asked the question, who's short OML, the chances are pretty good some would have replied, yes, me. The truth is, no one knows for sure how any share or market will react. the only consolation, if one can call it that, is that we
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
long term valuation on OML is about R26
0 Kudos
gamma
Contributor
@ Prancing Horse ... yes sure, agreed, was just seeing what views others had (although that will not change mine). My system put me into the trade and will kick me out if I'm wrong, so time will tell whether or not our we are correct. @ Rams, I'm sure
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lol, Rams never gives a "reasonable basis"
0 Kudos
gamma
Contributor
Hahaha spot on! Skaaptjop is usually the one giving out a decent thesis ... Skaap?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Nice one Simon, my valuation based partly on one of your systems...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well, let's see. If you believe maybe an abominable 2nd half, with say a 20% below forecast earnings - that would put them on about 14pence per share. Now let's again assume a stronger rand - sitting at say R16 to the pound (which would throw out the earnings reduction theory, because of the currency gains, but never mind that), you would have OML reporting roughly 224cents per share. Now give them a below long term PE average of say 12 - and yes, you would be close to Rams' target price.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
none of my systems have targets, only directions
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
@gamma, so far so good!
0 Kudos
gamma
Contributor
@ Prancing ... yes indeed. The beauty of trading a system! Soon to move my stop up into profit.
0 Kudos