Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OST Charts

sponono
Super Contributor
Anyone unable to load OST Charts? I have been unable to load them since yesterday. Have sent an email and I think I can expect a response in the next 12 months (if I'm luck).
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
log
Occasional Contributor
Same here if you are talking about the interactive charts under tools
0 Kudos
log
Occasional Contributor
Same here if you are talking about the interactive charts under tools
0 Kudos
MMouse
Contributor
And I thought I was alone with this problem. I had an IT Technician update my Java Application Software but I still cannot get charts. I now get a "security problem" message.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Yip - same here - just updated Java and now have the security issues....been that was for last two days
0 Kudos
log
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
thought my antivirus software was causing the problem, uninstalled it but the problem persists, rhaaaaaaaa!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
go to java control panel-go to security-add https://securities.standardbank.co.za/ost/ to exception list
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
thanks, now it works
0 Kudos
log
Occasional Contributor
Thanks, it is working now
0 Kudos
MMouse
Contributor
Ja, my technician has just done the same thing and it works as well! why do we have to hassle like this?
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
It is MS Windows war against virusses causing the problems. Java also became vulnerable lately. They have to plug the holes continously.
0 Kudos
dust
Occasional Contributor
Not able to do so
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
one needs to have java 7 version 51 installed and remove older versions of java .. this option doesn't work with other versions
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Go to Windows Explorer, click all programs, locate java and open the tab. Click on Configure Java. This would open the Java Control Panel. At the bottom in blue you will see "see security tab" click on it, it would open an Exception site list. Click edit the list. Copy the OST website address and paste it there. Voila you are done.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Step 1. Click on the start menu Step 2. Click on Control Panel Step 3. Find Java on Control panel, right click and then click on "open". Step 4. Once Java is opened ,you will see 5 tabs, i.e "General","Update","Java", "Security" and "Advanced" tab. Step 5. Click on "Security Tab". Setp 6. Find and press on "Edit Site List" Step 7. Click on "Add" Step 8. Type in the address on step 9 Step 9. Https://securities.standardbank.co.za Step 10. Click on "OK" Then go back and try re-loading the chart, it should work, if you have Window 16bits.
0 Kudos
royandroy
Contributor
Many thanks! How pathetic that SB cannot convey this to their customers. Sad, sad ....
0 Kudos