Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OST Forum

DawieB
Contributor
Hi Simon, not sure who to address this to, but I'm sure you get a post like this at least once a month, but: What's the prospects of getting a better forum for OST? As a forum troll, I'm just missing the power of a real forum, with capabilities like search, image posting, emoticons, history, avatars (even really really small ones...), line breaks!, etc, etc. Believe it or not, but if the guys doing their charting and analysis etc can post the images online, it will start to teach a lot of us how these things work... Currently I'm just getting lost in all the pivots and waves and triangles etc... Not a clue what the guys mean, because my brain works in pictures. And I can't go to any off-site links where the guys do post because of a common employer's restrictions. Can't even go to Justonelap! Please, please, please, please can we get a real forum??? :) :) :) I'm even willing to contract into CIB to help implement it. There's quite a few good ASP forums out there that can be used! Guys, please place some votes in this post!!!
0 Kudos
31 REPLIES 31
Blik
Super Contributor
Simon isnt involved with the SFM forum anymore. You may want to join JustoneLap or Tickertalk for additional forum advice. Unless he has rejoined the team of course.
0 Kudos
DawieB
Contributor
Thanks, but as noted above... my employer restricts access to those sites... can't go there! :(
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
emoticons ?? please no ..

you ca do line breaks, just put br inbetween square brackets
0 Kudos
DawieB
Contributor
LOL... that's like selling a car and saying you can use the handbrake, just put some bricks below the wheels when you stop!
:D
Who's the current authority from OST when it comes to these matters?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A split in the forum between fundamental and technical analysis would be nice..Hennie posted a chart bout WEZ the other day using a outside link, so problem solved for pictures.otherwise use twitter and post the link..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
DawieB....try realchartist.com.....will offer you everything you looking for both from a site point of view as well as the chance to really and truly learn......watch live trades, daily educational videos, uploadable charts, forums, blogs, educational downloads, recommended reading, trading challenges etc etc. Different league altogether. I would also recommend justonelap.....brilliant site and totally free with excellent webinars and broad based investment advice. Remember OST is more geared to the investor....the trader needs a lot more information/support than the investor and you are likely to feel a little under impressed in OST if you wanting to trade as opposed to invest. If you looking to invest longer term and dont need cutting edge technology then OST provides a fair service.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
If we get emoticons and all that BS, I'm gone.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
And once again the chartist makes his marketing move - all by himself.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ignore him, we think he is a piece of debug code that spewes random comments on threads
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and dont forget, subscription and you cant trade there...
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Yes, but a large part of the site is free....and you cant trade properly here either....invest yes, trade properly against the market pros - not a chance.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
okay charting still a major problem, but peace of mind for trading a good compromise... my opinion
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I dunno, I use OST and I'm happy and profitable. But I don't need many toys for my trading.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Agreed guys, I know loads of guys happy here.....not enough for what I do, but different strokes. My point re the chat room is that this is and always has been a chat room - jokes, chat, political views etc etc... entertaining at times but very little real resource for the trader to learn and improve on his trading. Once again, not enough for me - this not a hobby, this a job and I have learn't nothing from this chat room - I learn or am reminded of something new/useful everyday on realchartist.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
You do nothing else? Eish.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Simon has given us lots of Gems... you youself(Ninja) has posted some great reading resources...Christos has got the ALSI and the SP500 worked out for the whole decade....Skaap, well it depends if he really is Nigerian....Ask the right questions and you will learn a lot here.....
0 Kudos
DawieB
Contributor
So, I agree, there are some trader resources out there, but I mentioned that I'm blocked from using them (bad excuse, especially since I've got a built in 3G modem...) but having an up-to-standard forum on OST helps me, and other users in sharing knowledge with people experiencing the same trading platform, the same charting tools, the same issues when there's a problem / bug in the system... The other forums/portals are more specific to other tools/platform/experiences... PS> I would love to see (without any ranking!) the charts from chartis, the webinars from Justonelap, the stuff from The wire, etc etc etc... but I'm simply getting the "Site blocked" screens.... :(
0 Kudos
DawieB
Contributor
OK... skip emoticons, but you cannot discount the need for imageposting, avatars (ID a person at a glance!), search engine!, line breaks, font formatting, better catagories, better look & feel...
0 Kudos