Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OST OFF LINE

barry_1
Super Contributor
OST should have a parrellel web-site that runs seperately to this one,where we can at least see the prices and can then trade by phone.This is not good enough!...i have spoken to some IT specislists they say that it would not cost OST a great deal and would work very well.
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
i could of gotten out of my position as planned with the profit target and now the share is down and i'm in the red....lol
0 Kudos
ALMI_Trader
Not applicable
Yeah,OST must refund my losses of the day ;)
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
More importantly - What lessons did we learn from this morning ?
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
eggs in different baskets?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I was long on the alsi and in money with a stop @ 29190.At 13.13 i was stopped out of the trade but according to my chart the market only went down to 29225.Anybody got a price for 13.13 for alsi futures?Not sure if this system can be trusted today?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
yeah, Alsi futures drop as low as 29177.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
At what time?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
christo, don't bother with this on the forum .. contact the call centre asap and ask them
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Nah, keep the SBK_OST phone number on your cell phone at all times and put a clause in your will that "someone" can exit your position from a leveraged instrument/s after your death, or your estate might look a lot worse once all the paperwork is done.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
No chance....read the new contract you signed!
0 Kudos
Sentiment
Contributor
Could OST add the number of the call centre on this page https://securities.standardbank.co.za/maintenance
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorted out with call centre but was stopped out with the market 35 points from my stop.Just wonder how this could happen?
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
is it off line again?
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
well..., that is convenient. Time for beer.
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
no so fast. they are back.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
It is Friday, time for beer!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Looks like they're offline again, no movement on the ALSI via easy trader...
0 Kudos