Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OST Platform

dust
Occasional Contributor
I got a problem with the OST platform it's slow as s!.t -- Not a problem with any other site, so it's not a problem from my side or my system. Any of you got the same problem??
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
kels
Contributor
I had same problem and was told to switch from Chrome to Internet Explorer. It worked for me, but irritating as Chrome is my default browser.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am done with OST, probably been 15 years with them at least but this has now become totally unacceptable and a completely useless ***** slow site. I just applied to a new trading platform and sold my CFDS and cancelled my Easy Trader subscription. Took 30 minutes as well for those pages to load while I had to wait another 15 minutes to cancel and redo my orders lower because it took 10 minutes to load the first page missing pricing again and this has become the norm now with OST for the last 2 months. Lost so much money because of orders going in to slow and the market moving against you. Makes a complete mockery of top share trading site for the year. Well done OST.
0 Kudos
Vee-Ice
New Contributor
I'm using Internet explorer and switched to Chrome but even that doesn't help. Takes forever to firstly load the page, and any updates or trades take 3 - 4 page refreshes to execute. It seems to be a lot faster today. Even reinstalled the anti-virus thinking the firewall may be slowing down the page. Totally unacceptable!!
0 Kudos
Vee-Ice
New Contributor
I'm using Internet explorer and switched to Chrome but even that doesn't help. Takes forever to firstly load the page, and any updates or trades take 3 - 4 page refreshes to execute. It seems to be a lot faster today. Even reinstalled the anti-virus thinking the firewall may be slowing down the page. Totally unacceptable!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
for what its worth i have used firefox since day one never an issue. ie always troublesome in many websites chrome has started issues for me, firefox has never . worth a try
0 Kudos
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Only answer seems to be lodge a complaint at Ben Kruger's office. I did that with fraud case my dad was involved with for months and after communicating with Sue Nicholl (Kruger's PA) was sorted in a matter of days. He has a Senior Customer Service Manager as part of his staff compliment. If that office receives numerous complaints about OST I am sure they will respond.
0 Kudos
pierren
Occasional Contributor
Thanks I have downloaded firefox but it does not let me log in the OST - says password incorrect -did you have such a problem?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no sir my password is saved in firefox for ost so i merely select login and boom it works everytime as i am the only individual who has access to my laptop. perhaps check caps lock or the usual culprits and try again
0 Kudos