Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OST cost structure

jaj
Frequent Contributor
I did one deal of R102000 during December and was charged R50 admin fee for the month. I could do 3 deals of R100 each and would have no admin costs. Sounds unfair? Maybe the admin costs should be on value ie the amount of brokers fee OST collects for the month?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
G_V_V
Super Contributor
I agree no fees should be chanrged if you buy or sell more than R30,000 of shares per month. ABSA only wants three deals per year.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
SFM looks pretty cheap by cost comparison, but what would be interesting is for Moneyweb to describe what you get for the cost. I dont know how good the PSG platform is for example. On the whole I am happy with what I pay at SFM for what I get.
0 Kudos
jaj
Frequent Contributor
I'm also happy about the costs at OST. That's not the point. I believe it is unfair that although I traded 102000 they charge me R50 but the costumer that trades 3 X R100 pays nothing. It is also not the R50 but the cost structure that appears incorrect
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
since its one commission for multiple trades on same share....would it be better to split it up into 3 trades on the same day?Anyway I think if you trading the ALSI futures and trading more than 500 000 thousand (unleveraged) a month, the commission on the other products(shares etc) can be reduced by 0.1%?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so have you spoken to OST about this ?? or just moaning on the forum ??
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I have spoken to OST but was told that the AlSI was a different product... I have accepted the explanation....
0 Kudos
bob1_1
Contributor
OST is good, I'm happy to pay the R50 admin fee... Yes i dont have R102K trades, but the interest in your account before the trade should easily cover the admin fee. Main thing dont follow the small stuff get the good trades.
0 Kudos