Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OST on Mobile Devices,..

Not applicable
Simon plse,.. Symbian Op sys,.. The onboard Browser can access other secure banking sites like FNB for example,.. But on login with OST,.. Header error persists and blank screen follows,.. Can use the Opera8.65 browser, but it is slow and bulky,.. What mods can i do to security settings, or is there something on your end you guys can adapt for us mobile freakz,... Cheers,..
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Not applicable
or the details of anyone there who would be abl eto help plse,.. Many thanks..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
dixie, OST is not optimised for mobile devices. However some clients do access via mobile, I think Preston is one of them, so maybe he can help.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Simon..I lost my HTC TYTN 2 phone on my wedding day.Still pissed about it
0 Kudos
Not applicable
is that the only thing you lost on your wedding day Preston?
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Did you lose (it at the) reception? Hahahah...
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Only if he was using Virgin mobile I guess... hahaha. It's been a long week!
0 Kudos
AJDK
Frequent Contributor
Stb can learn alot from IGIndex. Brillaint interface for iPhone and other mobiles. Very quick as well.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well,.. That was a real handy set of replies,. ure not into IT i guess Simon,. is there anyone in IT that you can hook us up with,... that can explain this all a bit better than that,.. Thanks,.. as i say,. yes one can,. but it seems some tweaking is in order,.. No we don't want a dedicated mobile app,.. but some setting alterations are sure to do the trick,.. Many thanks,.. !!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
yrg
Frequent Contributor
The problem is that this website uses frames. One way is to know before hand the url to the particular page on this site you need to visit, and add them to your favourites. Login as normal, so you get authenticated, then go to your favourites list and click your url. For example if you wanted to go to the so-called chat forum, the direct link (once logged in) is https://securities.standardbank.co.za/ost/sp/code/chatforum/last30ForumTopics.asp
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks for that,. will give that a try,.. any further ideas,.. will look into browsers handling of frames,.. cheers,..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Also,. if SBK is doing any revisions to its site,.. as we hear it ISSSS,... could they not make one or two adjustments for the MAJORITY of western citizens who indeed have these devices,.. Taa,..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
or maybe we should get ek'sdom s drift and go centuries backward in time,..
0 Kudos
yrg
Frequent Contributor
Unless they doing a complete redesign of the website, it won't be easy to simply tweak to remove the frames problems. Which pages do you access often from your mobile ?
0 Kudos
yrg
Frequent Contributor
Preston, sorry to hear about your TyTN2 - did you have it insured? Mine isn't - think I should go get it insured!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Or rather dont take it to odd occasions or have another handset for hanging with the common folk,... i got one for calls and one for data,..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
HTC was not insured,good idea to get it insured. Other than the phone..i did lose my single life but gained a beautiful wife in the process.
0 Kudos