Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OST terrible platform

fressa
Regular Contributor
I have had countless problems with the OST platform. I have used every possible browser available and nothing seems to work. Infact the problems seemsto get worse every day. Can anyone from SBG advise if this problem is going to be fixed? Can anyone recommend a different trading platform that might be worthwhile exploring. I'm gettign fed up!
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
easy trader = awful way to part with R110 bucks monthly. i stopped intra day trading cfd's and moved it to end of day more time less work. keep ost as a cfd broker its "safer in my opinion for a bank to keep the money im risking without recourse "......for any other instrument like alsi go straight to DWT and their swordfish platform. hiccups arise now and then but it is always notified immediately and the service is instant and professional.and the charts will make easy trader look like kids drawings. Plus way cheaper margins. Perhaps if OST adopts IG's pro real time software they would earn the best broker award permanently and not temporarily
0 Kudos
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
Similar problem - chrome very slow.... IE much better No idea why?
0 Kudos
kels
Contributor
I changed from Chrome to Internet Explorer and that was better in places but have now gone to Firefox and everything seems better.
0 Kudos
qwest
Frequent Contributor
I'm also looking for something better,I have been using Firefox for about 4 years with no problem and since I started using Windows 7 my problems started. Firefox crashes at least three times in three hours and then it polite says I'm sorry and restarts again.I do not know much about computers,I only operate a share trading program.I really do not know what to do.
0 Kudos
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
For me it seems to work fine most times...I did have probs with google etc and tried opera , but have just been told by my techie that a bitcoin miner was attached to my opera, so maybe that has sneaked in so the other browsers...????Im no expert but maybe ask around...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
After being an OST client for like 10 years I had enough! I been quiet here for a few weeks and first time that I logged in for maybe 2 weeks and it took me a nice 5 minutes to open this "reply window" I got fed up must have lost many grands here the last few months as it was too slow to put orders into the market (as the page just hangs) and then you had to cancel them to move them up. I drew out all my cash and stopped easytrader. Someone mentioned za.velocitytrade.com/TheMarket here or on Sharechat and I signed up deposited money n was up in 2 days. They got an android app, ios app as well (full trading and charting and analysis on the app not like the ***** ost one) as well as trading on the web or a downloadable windows application. Its a pleasure, market orders go in almost instantly. You can trade gold, wti, crude, silver, currencies, etc etc... Give it a try. It amazes me how some random guys can have something amazing like that up but a big South African bank can not even get the basics right!
0 Kudos
anon_123
New Contributor
I think the problem is all in the Std Bank. They need to upgrade hardware and or fix software ...
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
I think it is all about attitude. A pervasive arrogance seems to have spread through this organisation. My provisional tax statement has not been updated since September, and then only because I complained. They used to do it monthly. E mails are generally ignored or if they do respond it is to do what you ask but without personal comment so one is made to feel they begrudge helping. And yes the site is terribly slow at times. When I told someone I used Firefox and have for years, the response was, 'use IE." Never 'Sorry Sir.'
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
they are following eskom, up the fees reduce the service pocket the profits
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Firstly you should or rather will have a completely separate account for your CFD trading. You will or should get a complete summary of your transactions for that financial year. Your costs are fees, losses, int paid and this subtracted from all your income, ie profit, divs, int rec. On your net profit you will be taxed at if it was income. What I do is, the last week of Feb I take 40% of that profit and add it to my provisional tax payment.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Apologies, wrong thread.
0 Kudos
fern
Not applicable
My idea is to slowly sell out of all my shares and move my business elsewhere. Just find it frustrating waiting for minutes on end for a page to update. OST is very quiet about this problem. It is only the OST platform I am having a problem with. I have also sent them a 'Contact Us' about this and another issue last week and all I get told is that it has been transferred to IT dept. and that seems to be as far as it goes.
0 Kudos
anon_123
New Contributor
Seems like a desperate step to sell everything. I wonder if it is possible to get JSE to move ones shares to another bank or broker without selling them. Anyone know?
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
simple, move entire equity portfolio from one broker to another. there is a charge but worth it if your portfolio is large.requires some paperwork and a few days wait but its usually done with ease.
0 Kudos